AC Alfa Romeo Giulietta @ Silv. National - Fri 05.12.14 - [Ghostbusters]

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tried driving as consistent as possible - didn't work all the time, due to overheating front left tire, but well enough. Even though the track felt a bit empty, great race guys :thumbsup:!
You can reduce the tyre temperatures by decreasing their pressures. The tyres will return to their operating temperatures and precision & grip will improve.

Last edited:
You can reduce the tyre temperature by decreasing their pressure. The tyres will return to their operating temperatures and precision & grip will improve.
I did use 25 psi at the front in the race, but also tried going down to 20 and 15 psi in the training. At 15 psi the tire moves too much so the steering feel is mushy, 20 psi still was quite unprecise. In training I found that a little less camber helps a bit with lower temperatures too - but the most important thing for me in the race was not to let the car slide too much.

@Georg Siebert, are there any plans for the future regarding the Ghostbusters series? It would be grand if RD could organize two races per day (i remember races that were held on two servers before), one for aliens and one for us, who could only defend ourselves from aliens using Ghostbusters? These sort of events would in time encourage people to join races even if they're not in top100 for given track and car combo. Of course, as long as they drive within the limits of RD RC rules.

@Georg Siebert, are there any plans for the future regarding the Ghostbusters series? It would be grand if RD could organize two races per day (i remember races that were held on two servers before), one for aliens and one for us, who could only defend ourselves from aliens using Ghostbusters? These sort of events would in time encourage people to join races even if they're not in top100 for given track and car combo. Of course, as long as they drive within the limits of RD RC rules.
This inaugurational event was a trail how it would be recieved - looks like it did well. That being the case, I was planning to continue these on a weekly basis. I can only post a finite amount of events per week and I'm doing many other things here at RD simultaniously, while keeping pace to accuire my physics degree.

The current format for Ghostbusters events is to post easy to cope/drive combos. The majority of times these are completely different from the usual High Formula or big GT events on mod tracks I frequently feature. Giving beginners & controller users the same combos to drive, would introduce coping with the cars and oftentimes learning new tracks as additional difficulties in these events. If we had two servers running at once, as organizer, I would need to monitor both groups of drivers and if I drove myself, I wouldn't be available for the people on the 'Ghostbusters-server' if anything would go wrong.
So I think it would be best to continue with the current format and let it continue/grow/develop on its own.

I didn't manage to race at all on Friday owing to illness, but I will watch out for the next scheduled Ghostbusters race. I normally only get to race with the fast guys and consistently finish last/lapped so I must qualify for this group ;)

I think this is a great initiative @Georg Siebert , but I would need to figure out how to set the car back to 'factory' before racing as I never use SC or high values of the aids. I usually have auto-clutch on in AC though, because I'm here to have fun too. :)

@Georg Siebert , yesterday (or maybe night time today) i had a tremendously fun race with little Fiats (upgraded version of course) on Nordschleife. Car is just so perfectly matched to the track (for beginners that is), you cannot go wrong even if you're are already lost, this car tolerates it all. So, is there any possibility to have next round of Ghostbusters (whenever that is) scheduled with this combo?

@Georg Siebert , yesterday (or maybe night time today) i had a tremendously fun race with little Fiats (upgraded version of course) on Nordschleife. Car is just so perfectly matched to the track (for beginners that is), you cannot go wrong even if you're are already lost, this car tolerates it all. So, is there any possibility to have next round of Ghostbusters (whenever that is) scheduled with this combo?
The Nordschleife is one of the most demanding tracks in the world and as such not suited for Ghostbusters events. The Fiat 500 is a FWD car - we already raced one in the first round. For the next round, the thread for which will be posted in the next days, I thought to offer a RWD car to drive. The learning process for these events should be to learn corner types & car types. The engine placement dictates the major driving charateristics of a car. 'Being fun', if one can put a scale on that at all, should not be the biggest metric or the smack down argument for Ghostbusters events.
Sorry, I think not Andrej.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back