Alfa Junior Sprint / Feature @ Virginia - Thu 16th Sept

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Alfa Romeo GTA 1300 Junior (Download HERE)
Track: Virginia South (sprint) / Virginia North (feature)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: 1 pit stop is mandatory in the Feature Race - minimum 2 tyres must be changed. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note3: Default skins that come with the mod only
Note4: This is a NON Ranking Points event.

Sprint track
28910d1284111869-alfa-junior-sprint-feature-virginia-thu-16th-sept-virs.jpg

Feature track
28911d1284111869-alfa-junior-sprint-feature-virginia-thu-16th-sept-virn.jpg

Attachments

• virs.jpg
    virs.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 363
  • virn.jpg
    virn.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 381
It's a freakin shame I won't be home for this. I love those little alfas. This is the second thursday in a row I miss an event. Real life better get off my back so I can race every event lol.

That was pure fun, these little Alfas are a treat, look great, sound nice, and are quite lively to drive.
Top racing too, pity the grid was rather small, but all of us were very close (most of the time), maybe Gary and Anders were a bit above our class.

Race 1: Nice tight little track, with a wicked turn one that seemed to catch a few out. Anders and Gary cleared off ahead but I had tight racing with Eck, Erling, and Stuey, until each of them had an off, leaving me to cruise home P3.

Race 2: A rather different track this time, with the curbs seeming to be the danger. More close racing with the usual suspects, but this time I was able to stay with Anders due to him drifting wide on the last set of turns a couple of times. Spent most of the time in P2 and surprisingly, this time I could see Gary in front all race, he was probably playing dead to keep me interested. :tongue:

Thanks Stu for organising, and big thanks to those who joined, very enjoyable. :wink:

Well, I got in. What a time was had, too. Amazing little car, I don't like Alfa's, amazing racing.

Race one was marred by spins and minor offs, for everyone, except Gary n Anders. So, it was more or less a battle to see who could keep it on track long enough, to finish third. Warren won out, grats Anders, Gary and Warren.

Race two, well... For me, it was marred by my own in-ability/stupidity.. lol. I still haven't enabled the start countdown... So, first I jumped the start. Stop/go number one. After completing it, I didn't press the pit limiter.. Stop/go number two. I didn't make the same mistake twice, thankfully. I got into a fairly good rhythm, with no one around me, I could pick my lines n braking points. This turned out to be a mistake, when I did a reasonable lap, I immediately outbraked myself... lol. Off number one... You know whats coming now. Trying to knuckle down for the next lap, I found somewhere else to go off. I had another off, before the end. A very lonely race. When I did see another car, it was catching me, to put a lap on me. Grats Gary, Warren and either Erling or Stu... It didn't really matter to me by the end... lol.

Thanks Stu and RD, I hope to do that again... minus the mistakes... lol.

That'll teach me to go with the cheapest ISP... My connection has been off and on all day, and I just had three hours of nothingness. Sorry for missing this, the car is lovely, and the track too (well, the North one at least).

Off to see what other ISP options I have.

I found out one thing..
Need to pratice a lot more in these cars if i wants to finish higher up the order.
When that is said, i liked both races. I even had the speed as the front runners, same laps.

Sorry for my spinns. I must learn to drive.

See you all next time

Erling Bøhmer

Erling, a lot of us had some offs - I wouldn't worry about it, mate :) As you say - you had the pace.

The track had some real nasty dips and kerbs on it, and I managed to find most of them :D

But - like Eck, even though I'm not a major fan of the default GTA (I mean - it's good, but there are cars I prefer to drive ahead of it, even in the TC65 class), these Juniors are fantastic :good:

I'm not sure whether they are actually much faster, but as always, that's not really the point for me.

These cars could well be my new GTL favourites,from a sheer driving pleasure point of view they are just brilliant in every area,race one chasing Anders was a blast although i could just never reel him in,i did a bit late on but no where near enough.
Race 2 started weird when the car on pole checked up right after starting so i got a clear run to T1 and started instantly pulling away,by the lap 5 mark no other cars were in sight behind so i waited up a bit to get things more interesting again,then enjoyed pushing again to the finish.
Grats Anders race 1 m8,sort of untouchable from the lights there ;).

Thank you Stu/Carlos & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back