AC Alfa GTA @ Vallelunga Club - Tue 24 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a super fun race. Pole was actually a wr time. At the race I was sleeping when the lights went green and woke up as soon as the Stelios went by. So was trying hard for 18 laps (according to Simon) to pass him. I was enjoying so much all those laps. Was all over him, but he just didn`t want to give up - admire that, and like your fair fight. Then I finally managed to went by and started to lap guys from the back of the grid. But 4 laps to go I was thinking I will have to pit for refueling, but I decided not to, because then p1 would be gone. Rather then that I was saving fuel for the rest of the 4 laps, on the end I even had to zig-zag by the car to gather fuel into drops to manage to come home and win ;)
Super race, looking forward to next races
bye

this is my best sim race ever, sorry Tomi I hit you in the first or second lap, but after I can't watch you but for me is very fun, unfortunately you have accident:/ And in the end I let Geoff to pass me, I think he have blue flag :)) and my mic is not working on the race,. Anyway I m very enjoy this race.
Thanks Akis :)

Good race, i had a nice battle with @Mitja Bonca for 18 laps as @Si said, he was faster though and i was just defending.

On 10th lap my gearbox was red / orange so i was really worried i wouldn't make the race and then i had a huge miss shift which turned it into dark orange and then i really started to worry.

@Mitja Bonca was a lot faster and it comes that time where you have to just let go and give in to the inevitable, after that i was just cruising really and then @Christian Lozanov cought up so i had to risk blowing my gearbox for the last 2 laps but i made it through :D

Some thoughts...on this particular car and track combination:
This car's gearbox is flimsy :p
Paddle shifting maybe slower for hot lapping in a long track (because of shifting delay by some ms) but during a race in a short track should be a lot easier because a) you can turn with both hands on the wheel at all times and b) you dont have to worry about gearbox damage (edit: also u can manage braking this prehistoric thing easier).
Throw in a 15nm servo wheel in the equation and soon you realize your left arm is a lot stronger than your right arm!
H shifting is a lot more fun than paddle shifting though :D

Last edited:
Had a super fun race. Pole was actually a wr time. At the race I was sleeping when the lights went green and woke up as soon as the Stelios went by. So was trying hard for 18 laps (according to Simon) to pass him. I was enjoying so much all those laps. Was all over him, but he just didn`t want to give up - admire that, and like your fair fight. Then I finally managed to went by and started to lap guys from the back of the grid. But 4 laps to go I was thinking I will have to pit for refueling, but I decided not to, because then p1 would be gone. Rather then that I was saving fuel for the rest of the 4 laps, on the end I even had to zig-zag by the car to gather fuel into drops to manage to come home and win ;)
Super race, looking forward to next races
bye

Didn't see your post earlier, yeah fights were good but you were a lot faster, i decided to defend as much as i could because thats racing right?
My fear is, i maybe shut you down unfairly a couple of times because this isnt a GT3 car with precision, i slide a couple of times but you were careful enough and we only touched slightly once...
Respect.

Really fun race.
Again being extra careful at start of race, cost me some places.
Then i had a fight (again) with @Ralf Euler. I was faster but couldn't make the pass.
Then there was an accident and somehow managed to get through untouched to claim (not deserve it) 4th place.

Thanks @Akis for this combo, an awesome car, reminds me of the Lada mod. Really fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%