AC Alfa GTA Mini-Series - Round 1 - Saturday 11 April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Crap crap crap. Sorry for the start guys, I moved to avoid someone then moved again to avoid someone on the other side and the rest is history. Back to the drawing board. Cheers to Chris for organising

Unfortunate with the incidents guys, 3 wide into turn 1 was always going to be risky :laugh: No one to really blame since it was so tight.

Still had a great time on TeamSpeak and the combo is great, looking forward to the next round!

Thanks for the event @Chris Stacey . I was very sceptical about this combo when running practice laps but it is awesome fun when there is racing going.
Apologies to all for my lose after the accident!!! Lost my rag for a minute there. Please ignore my rhetoric!!
Looking forward to our next event.

Awesome fun guys! Even with the... ehh... eventful (?) start haha!

Tony's moment in Lesmo 1 was totally epic! Haha.

Some happy snaps...
@Angelo dos Santos doing his best Keanu Reaves impersonation
cyiL1X3.jpg

Repairing Lap 1 Damage with @Chris Stacey
URXMpCt.jpg

Nowhere to go with @Justin Talent
1VfLXlW.jpg

Epic save by @Tony Binelli... @David Armstrong, @Jamie Pyatt and I watch in awe.
vJCgSfR.jpg

Also apologies to anyone watching the stream... just realized i totally cocked up... left the attractive picture of myself that was covering the sever password on the overlay for the entire race! Haha.

IafleWX.jpg

Thanks for the race guys :)
A bit surprised that I made 5th after the start crash, luckily I could stay out of trouble the rest of the race. Had a rather lonely race then, gap to the front too big to close up, gap to the back too big to be caught.

The moment it happend, @Sniper turning in my way after having made contact with @El-ahrairah
screen1.jpg

That was one of the most crazy Wins I ever had. :D
Unbelievable.
From 12th on the grid the most I could expect was a top 10 finish, as from 6th bellow times were very close.
But I didnt expect most of the field to got selfdestructed in less than half of the first lap.:p
Yeah, I dodge some pretty scary bullets at that moment! :ninja:
After that... pace was good and consistent, apart from some ridiculous gifted people doing 56s and 57s...:alien::alien:...and I manage to capitalize from some other drivers mistakes.
In reality that was what happened. A lucky one for me. :)

Completely unexpected and also pretty sure unique, as I dont think will happen again.
But I can take that!

Thanks Chris to put this together.Looks like will be good fun.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of chat after the race. My brain was kinda floaty after racing without any sleep :).
Qualifying kinda sucked. I put in a decent time for my first go around, but the second stint I slapped the barrier in the Lesmos and ended Qualifying 11th I believe.

At the start I didn't want to chew up the tyres, so I was slow off the grid. @Angelo dos Santos had an incredibly good start next to me and luckily he got to the right of the track, because I had to slow quite a bit with the mess in front of me. I got kinda lucky because I got within a foot or two of @kedy89 who was sliding to the middle of the track

ncs5Sli.jpg

The seas parted again at the sweeper and I was up a few more spots. I started creeping up on @Michael Young, and we had a two lap battle. After looking at the replay it was a really good two lap battle! Thing were a lot closer than I thought while driving in the race. I got a good run on him out of the sweeping right hander. I went right, he went right, I darted left and passed, but I was not in an optimal position for the Lesmos and he battled back.

OYJgD9f.jpg

SnDEl5X.jpg

I got ahead out of the Lesmos, but Michael seemed to have a higher top speed, but it may have been due to slipstreaming. We had another battle going into the Lesmos, and I very narrowly kept the car off of the railings. After the Lesmos I finally pulled away from slipstream range.

The rest of the race was a little bit of frustration, because I could see Angelo up ahead, but because of the speed of the car he had a 5+ second advantage, and the only real way I could catch him was if he made a mistake (or if I suddenly was transformed into an alien :) ). Towards the end, @Ross Balfour had lost top end speed and I passed him with a lap or so to go for 2nd.

After looking at lap times, I theoretically could have batted for first if I could have gotten through the first accident cleaner. Angelo was 6s ahead at the end of the first lap and for the majority of laps, I was cutting into his lead on me. I lost maybe 2s of time on the battle with Michael. A brake lockup cost me another .7s, otherwise I might only have been about 3s back and might have been able to pressure him into a mistake.

It was a fun race! Thanks to @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for setting up the race. I will have to do this again because you guys are so nice to let me have a podium finish :). I'm going to have to do this again (with some sleep!) and see how it goes without any first lap carnage because it should be battles all over the place, especially with some smaller tracks.

congrats too angelos and fred and not sure who came third ,hmmm i think that was worst attempt at a club event ever by me , apart from the start and being hit my an invisible bomb later in the race , i just could not keep the car on the track ,so pitted twice anyways cheers to chris and tony again

Last edited:
I don't think the whole 3-2-3-2-3 grid lineup helped lol.
Looking forward to the next races because once you get going then the racing was epic :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%