AC Alfa GTA @ Barbagallo - Monday 30 March 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
does Europe change there times as well? got to say that this is far too late for me as well! will be trying to find some compromise in future events!

Every Europian country belong to DST/BST zone (except Russia and Belarus). So if race strats at 19.00 GMT then it's same time as before.

This race proved that you don't need a full grid to have tons of fun. One or two cars around you are more than enough!

Thanks for the race. Once again i saw that this kind of combination, car that difficult to handle (for me) and short track, not for me. Too many blue flags. I had fun and glad that i didn't cause any major damage to aliens but most of the time i was just trying to stay on track. I tried few different setups but couldn't find something suitable for me.

One question: With this car and also when i was racing with Lotus Exige, when i'm turning a corner if i shift down i immediately lose the back and most of the time spin. You can see many examples in tonight's replay :) Any advice on this?

One question: With this car and also when i was racing with Lotus Exige, when i'm turning a corner if i shift down i immediately lose the back and most of the time spin. You can see many examples in tonight's replay :) Any advice on this?
One way to avoid this is by blipping the throttle while downshifting. That way you match the revs and the rear end doesn't unsettle. That can be achieved by the "heel-and-toe" technique: you press the gas with the heel while you are braking with the toe (watch this after minute 0:50).

Another way is to downshift really late and release the clutch slowly.

If you find it too much work, there is a "throttle blip" aid inside assetto corsa options. You need to enable paddle shifters too for that to work.

Last edited:
One way to avoid this is by blipping the throttle while downshifting. That way you match the revs and the rear end doesn't unsettle. That can be achieved by the "heel-and-toe" technique: you press the gas with the heel while you are braking with the toe (watch this after minute 0:50).

Another way is to downshift really late and release the clutch slowly.

If you find it too much work, there is a "throttle blip" aid inside assetto corsa options. You need to enable paddle shifters too for that to work.

Thank you very much Akis. I'll look into that. There was a problem with youtube, it took so long to load video, but i watched it and few others about "heel-to-toe" technique.

Also there is one little problem :rolleyes: i'm driving with Logitech Driving Force GT and have no clutch :( Hope there's not a clutch rule in club races :) I wanna get a G27 but it's just too expensive for me right now and also with my current living situation probably i can't buy even i had the money. It's complicated :unsure: I did my best with my current situation, but this is it.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll try my best.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back