1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexander Wurz on Austria 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Aug 7, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  2. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Is the former Osterreich/A1-Ring owned by Red Bull, an Austrian company?:confused:

3. Look at that picture, nice CRT, huh?! And A1 Ring/Red Bull Ring is a great track, i'm very happy F1 will race there again.

4. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | Engineer at Manor Racing Premium Member

Yes, it is.

5. Why is this surprising?

6. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

It's surprising because Red Bull owns this track and they could dominate.

7. Could you expand your thoughts on this one a bit?

8. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

Well, I mean the venue is called the Red Bull Ring, and, Red Bull has done a number of car displays on the track if I'm not mistaken, so, maybe for one year, they will have the edge over the competition.

9. That´s with older cars, they still won´t be able to run their current car on the track until the event.
    The only thing that would be worrying (if even that) is if testing is more relaxed next year and they do their testing on their own track which later will house a grand prix.
    That could give them an edge going into the race weekend already knowing a lot about the car and track.

But that´s only if they are allowed to test outside the proposed venues, i believe Dubai and Abu Dhabi wanted to test.