1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I would like to give my appreciations to new alerts system. It simplifies and creates shortcuts to the topics i'm interested in. For ex following RDGTC threads is now one-click operation (ok, two clicks...), otherwise it would be a three page hop.100 points for the staff and two beers to everyone in the world.

Can the alerts list be a bit longer? I could picture 7 or 8 latest alerts...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I don't think that can be changed as that's to do with the Xenforo software. That said, I'm not entirely sure.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You can enable the email notification system (switched off by default for new users) and then you will receive a message in your mailbox once somebody replied to you or posted in the thread you are "watching".

Not entirely sure how long alerts are actve, i think up to four days or so.
  4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I find the Alerts system very handy for keeping an eye on event sign up activity
  5. Agreed, I think the alerts are really handy and a great feature for quickly getting to posts you are interested in.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm, i can't find the email option in already subscribed alerts. I didn't make any of them to send me email but there are a lot of them in my email inbox and no option to to edit that behaviour..

EDIT: They are not coming from every alert, there are some form conversations and some from threads... So i'm guessing it's a bug.
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

8. Hmm, i can't see email settings in the first and i have unticked the email notification box in the second.... I would also expect that when i've started watching a thread excactly the same every time (not ticking email notification) that either all alerts are coming to email or none of them.
  9. Following a subforum via alerts would be great, for ex if it would give alert when a new club race is been announced...Just a wish and the email bug isn't bad, i don't get a lot of those anyway..
  10. I wonder if it would be possible to get alerted on new thread in certain sections of the forums. I can get alerted on new posts in the thread but if a new thread is started in racing club, i won't know unless i check everyday on the forums personally... Not a subscription to the threads, just a new thread created notifier. Ktnx :)
  11. Lol.. excactly what i meant in my post...
  12. Thanks for the changes in Alerts, it now works perfectly.. The watch forum was a nice addition, also those email stopped coming (well, as soon as i update those alerts..)
  13. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We have some issues with the forum watch so you might see it on/off for a short period.

Is something we definitely want to have and will be there :)
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

have we lost our trophy point.....:)
  15. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We will work in new trophies this ones were forum's default :)
  16. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

This is back now, we had some issues with it but it's working again :)