1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Alerts

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I would like to give my appreciations to new alerts system. It simplifies and creates shortcuts to the topics i'm interested in. For ex following RDGTC threads is now one-click operation (ok, two clicks...), otherwise it would be a three page hop.100 points for the staff and two beers to everyone in the world.

Can the alerts list be a bit longer? I could picture 7 or 8 latest alerts...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I don't think that can be changed as that's to do with the Xenforo software. That said, I'm not entirely sure.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You can enable the email notification system (switched off by default for new users) and then you will receive a message in your mailbox once somebody replied to you or posted in the thread you are "watching".

Not entirely sure how long alerts are actve, i think up to four days or so.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I find the Alerts system very handy for keeping an eye on event sign up activity

5. Agreed, I think the alerts are really handy and a great feature for quickly getting to posts you are interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm, i can't find the email option in already subscribed alerts. I didn't make any of them to send me email but there are a lot of them in my email inbox and no option to to edit that behaviour..

EDIT: They are not coming from every alert, there are some form conversations and some from threads... So i'm guessing it's a bug.

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

8. Hmm, i can't see email settings in the first and i have unticked the email notification box in the second.... I would also expect that when i've started watching a thread excactly the same every time (not ticking email notification) that either all alerts are coming to email or none of them.

9. Following a subforum via alerts would be great, for ex if it would give alert when a new club race is been announced...Just a wish and the email bug isn't bad, i don't get a lot of those anyway..

10. I wonder if it would be possible to get alerted on new thread in certain sections of the forums. I can get alerted on new posts in the thread but if a new thread is started in racing club, i won't know unless i check everyday on the forums personally... Not a subscription to the threads, just a new thread created notifier. Ktnx :)

11. Lol.. excactly what i meant in my post...

12. Thanks for the changes in Alerts, it now works perfectly.. The watch forum was a nice addition, also those email stopped coming (well, as soon as i update those alerts..)

13. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We have some issues with the forum watch so you might see it on/off for a short period.

Is something we definitely want to have and will be there :)

14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

have we lost our trophy point.....:)

15. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We will work in new trophies this ones were forum's default :)

16. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

This is back now, we had some issues with it but it's working again :)