ALÈS : LE GRAND CHALLENGE

Tracks ALÈS : LE GRAND CHALLENGE 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
J3D MODDING submitted a new resource:

ALÈS : LE GRAND CHALLENGE - la porte des Cévennes !

I modeled my city : ALÈS in the South of FRANCE !
ALÈS is very popular with the circuit "LE PÔLE MÉCANIQUE D'ALÈS",
Many world-famous car pilots come from here :
Romain Dumas, Stéphane Sarrazin, Vincent Beltoise, Yohan Rossel ...
Each year, the rally "Rallye des Vins du Gard" organise an official Slalom FFSA, that takes place...

Read more about this resource...

First: This track works fine even on my low spec computer. Its a short but interesting layout in slow cars but also in fast ones like a Group-C (if it can handle the hairpin corner in the middle).

But: Its goes against any convention and rule of track making. It seems like you modelled every house on it's own, copying textures instead of reusing them. There are 8 textures of roof tiles in there where only filename is different, all that adds up in memory usage and DIP. All in all you have over 700 texture files, a third of it in jpeg, for a track that is only one kilometre long :/

I know you are really enthusiastic, with your cars and now with this track, but you should really try to take in advice and help. We all want each other to become better :)

Last edited:
hey AccAkut ;)

yes you already helped me on the textures and it is true that I still have to improve. I have progressed since the creation of this track. I should normally combine the textures of several houses on a single DDS and especially work with normal textures to accentuate the reliefs.
however, it takes a lot of time and I hope my next creations are even more beautiful

hey AccAkut ;)

yes you already helped me on the textures and it is true that I still have to improve. I have progressed since the creation of this track. I should normally combine the textures of several houses on a single DDS and especially work with normal textures to accentuate the reliefs.
however, it takes a lot of time and I hope my next creations are even more beautiful
which tool do you use for track creation?

I know that for example for Blender you can find many plugins for automated "atlasing", which could combine your houses (or the houses of one side if one street for example) into a single object with a single texture.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back