AIW Path Editor?

Hi there,

I want to convert some rfactor tracks, but need to adjust the AI Path. There was once a tool fro, ISI which did this, but it never worked in win 8 or win 10. Is there any way to edit the AI paths?

thanks in advance

@dcollins22585 do you mind share it?

someone knows how to avoid ams cut detection issues on non original tracks? I try cut detection value on "0" (multiplayer.ini) but only works offline as @Renato Simioni said on reiza forum.

Macao for example give us trouble, and sce versión once converted, is very nice despite this issues.

thx in advance.

Just be careful with the "search and replace ",0.000,0.000)" with ",9.999,9.999)". In the AIW file you need to navigate past [GRID], [ALTGRID], [TELEPORT], and [PITS]. [Waypoint] is where you want to start the search and replace (ctrl+H). You are ultimately only trying to only change the ",0.000,0.000)" with ",9.999,9.999)" values of the "wp_dwidth= " lines. If you start at the top of the file you can potentially mess up starting positions of the cars. And I can confirm this works in removing the track cutting extremely well for league racing. :)

thx both @Dann Murillo and @Gringo, after seeing last week the forum post that you link, we change the values, (I think exactly as you say) but maybe i make some error.

After testing here for few days still gives warnings from time to time. we are going to make a championship of 34 people with "marcas" and everyone loves macau it would be awesome if its possible to find a workaround.

If you dont mind, could you take a quick look on these files (original + fix) in case I make some mistake changing the waypoints?

anyway thx for the help pointing out a solution.

Your AIW files appear to be edited properly. Know that you will still get a track cut warning if you really mess up the turn and cut. Something that may help you as well is in the current AMS beta release, we are now able to change how many track cuts are allowed before a penalty is enforced in the dedicated server tool. So perhaps the combination of that plus the AIW edit will help your league rules work as you would like them to. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back