F1 2015 AI

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, what do you think of 'AI?
For me it needs a patch, you collides continuously and it is faster than you, if you do not move, you throw out without ceremony, also seeks to overtake in areas that in reality would not be possible if the front does not make you pass, but because, if they are in front, even slower, should it pass?

No I am not in agreement (nor are some others in this thread) :)

Do they need tweaking for collision avoidance (especially for rear shunts), yes.

As Sniper420 said earlier in the thread, once you get used to how they do things, it's generally a very good experience. Like him, I have had in F1 2015 some the best AI battles I have ever had in this series of games.

Back markers ignoring blue flags can be a bit of a pain, but they are just as bad to everyone, not just you. I had a scintillating battle with Hamilton @ Mexico yesterday, I've never run that track before, but it's in my top track list now, I love it.

I was 3.5 seconds ahead of Hamilton and got screwed by a Force India I lapped near the DRS sensing line. He zipped past me on the home straight under DRS, then successfully broke my composure for the next 3 corners. This allowed Hamilton to catch up, and start a 20 minute nip and tuck race between the both of us. Side by side into corners, he jumps me at the pit stop, I get him back, he then DRS's me, I then DRS him and so on. Tip top fun was had by me. Eventually Hamilton was adversely effected by a back marker, and I went on to beat him.

You only have to listen to Raikkonen's pit radio in real life to see that back markers are not perfect there either :)

Sure you can expect a bit of mayhem at Monaco, and a few re-starts, but generally I'm liking this feisty AI.

Do I get angry sometimes? Yup, but I've got blood pressure pills for that! :D

Last edited:
Well said Graham... the racing is so much better now the AI are more aggressive. There is room for a lot of improvement, Im sure Codemasters are aware of that by now.. I`ve just finished Monaco, and used two flashbacks and finished 6th. Its not impossible, so If you are being caught fast then get out of the way.. dont risk the shunt.. wait till you are on fresh tyres and get some places back. I am concerned however about the blue flag situation. It appears to me that not only do the AI ignore the blue flags but appear to be much faster when in view. I had a job to get past a Manor who was ignoring Blue Flags and appeared to be catching a Ferrari ahead of him. Something definately wrong here....

I gave up in Monaco, the cars ran into you, causing you to spin. If I go to the limits I lock my tyres also when braking I loose the rear ending by touching the barrier. This happens to me after the tunnel and the pool I started 5th, Grosjean 4th and I was loosing 3 sec for lap. I will try to finish it tomorrow

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back