AI Too Fast Or Am I Doing Something Wrong Here?

So I recently pit a Lamborghini Huracan ST vs the Huracan GT3 on 80% difficulty, 5% variation and 65% aggression around 5 laps of the Red Bull Ring GP. In the Huracan ST, I was around 2 whole seconds slower than the GT3, making the gap at the end around 10 seconds. Then I used the Merc AMG GT3 which I'm more familiar with and with a good setup, still 1.5 seconds slower than the Huracan GT3 on 80% difficulty. What am I missing here? Also, is it just me or does increasing the aggression sort of make a magic bubble around your car where the AI gets extra grip into corners?

So I recently pit a Lamborghini Huracan ST vs the Huracan GT3 on 80% difficulty, 5% variation and 65% aggression around 5 laps of the Red Bull Ring GP. In the Huracan ST, I was around 2 whole seconds slower than the GT3, making the gap at the end around 10 seconds. Then I used the Merc AMG GT3 which I'm more familiar with and with a good setup, still 1.5 seconds slower than the Huracan GT3 on 80% difficulty. What am I missing here? Also, is it just me or does increasing the aggression sort of make a magic bubble around your car where the AI gets extra grip into corners?
There are no magic bubbles. If you can't win with the AI at 80%, then you are definitely doing something wrong. You said you had a good setup, which i doubt as well. Send us a video of you driving as RMR1 said and we can start from there.
EDIT: the video must be an onboard one with pedals app on and steering wheel on so that we can see your inputs.

At around 90-92% I can usually catch up from the back and get into the lead in about 10-20 laps, but the AI is pretty good, and accidents with too aggressive drivers makes a good chance of getting taken out quite often.
I've have to imagine you'd have to do very well to win at 100%, and without getting into an AI caused accident.
Much better AI than PCars, although I think the Automobilista AI is just a bit better, and they don't cause quite as many accidents either.
You have to start somewhere, so 80% is a good place, and then when you can beat them at that just increase it a few notches.
The AI are great at late braking, so just try and hit your apexes, and above all be consistent.

There are no magic bubbles. If you can't win with the AI at 80%, then you are definitely doing something wrong. You said you had a good setup, which i doubt as well. Send us a video of you driving as RMR1 said and we can start from there.
EDIT: the video must be an onboard one with pedals app on and steering wheel on so that we can see your inputs.

I didn't realize there were people here willing to watch videos and give advice on how to improve. I'd like to post a video of me in a Maserati GT4 at Spa and get some advice. If that's something I can do, where would be the appropriate place to post the video?

I'm stuck at 2:37 lap times on what I consider a perfect lap. That rarely happens and I'm usually in the 2:38 - 2:40 range. It seems an average lap time in the online races is around 2:33 and the really fast drivers are at 2:28 - 2:30.

Thanks!

I didn't realize there were people here willing to watch videos and give advice on how to improve. I'd like to post a video of me in a Maserati GT4 at Spa and get some advice. If that's something I can do, where would be the appropriate place to post the video?

I'm stuck at 2:37 lap times on what I consider a perfect lap. That rarely happens and I'm usually in the 2:38 - 2:40 range. It seems an average lap time in the online races is around 2:33 and the really fast drivers are at 2:28 - 2:30.

Thanks!
Post the vid in the appropriate sim thread, asking for advice in the title.

To be honest i wish people did this more frequently instead of asking weird questions like "what's your favourite car" or "where do i find this mod"...Post all the videos you want and you'll definitely receive many advice (too many and too advanced at times).

I'm no alien by any means, but at quick glance. You're getting on throttle too early, which is causing you to understear and destroying your corner exit speed, which in turn destroys your straight line speed. Turn in later and be more patient on the throttle. How much wing are you running on this setup?

I'm no alien by any means, but at quick glance. You're getting on throttle too early, which is causing you to understear and destroying your corner exit speed, which in turn destroys your straight line speed. Turn in later and be more patient on the throttle. How much wing are you running on this setup?
Well yes, I went for a more understeery on-throttle setup because the car can sometimes slide out of Remus, with TC off so traction is also a bit of a problem. I'm running 1 on the front splitter and 8 at the rear wing. Too much maybe?

that AI is no way 80% AI.
At that level AI should simply lift on the straights and it should be super easy to pass them.
1.31.578 for the 2nd lap for the Lamborghini GT3. Can confirm the sliders are at 80, 5, 65. How much does the Variation change the AI difficulty?
bandicam 0273.jpg

Last edited:
with a 5 variation you will get AI from 80 to 85% which should still show an obvious slowdown on straights... which on tracks like the Red Bull should result in AI that is very easy to beat. On the top of my head I'd say anything <90% will show a "lift off" in straights behavior.

Best bet is post your logs to the official AC forum so we can check them out.

with a 5 variation you will get AI from 80 to 85% which should still show an obvious slowdown on straights... which on tracks like the Red Bull should result in AI that is very easy to beat. On the top of my head I'd say anything <90% will show a "lift off" in straights behavior.

Best bet is post your logs to the official AC forum so we can check them out.
What if the AI was set to 92%? I'm not sure if this is an intended feature but the difficulty always resets to 92% everytime I go to the Summary screen. Maybe AC isn't recognizing that I slid the difficulty slider to 80%. Would that be possible?

2 laps around RBR GP. I know I locked up a couple of times but still.
For what concerns the AI Stefano is the one that can help you. I will focus on your driving style. First of all, you should reduce the gain on your wheel as you are clipping constantly. The biggest mistake i noticed is that you don't use the full width of the track. You often move towards the centre of the track while braking, which results in a tighter turn, slower speed and generally worse exit. You also tend to brake a little too early in some of the turn (t1,t3 for example). In t1 especially you should "throw" the car in the corner more aggressively. You can see how easily the lamborghini overtook you. Another thing is: never touch the yellow curbs. They are too high and they make you lose momentum.

As @BhZ said, the first thing you need to do is fix your FFB clipping before you look at your driving style. I don't know what wheel you have but you're not getting the correct force's to judge when you can get back on the throttle out of corners. Lower the FFB strength in-game and if need be raise it in your wheel software.
Once you've done that, try to follow directly behind the AI for a few laps and learn the correct lines into and out of corners.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%