AI too fast in straight

Hi,
I choose Ferrari 488 gt3 and the same cars as opponents in a weekend race.
But on the straights all ai is faster than me. I think it isn't normal!!!!
Why? Have someone any solution?

But the AI doesn't post a 2:12 at Spa with the 458 GT2, so like Stereo explained above about the ultra grip "It's for braking zones, to help them trail brake more aggressively without spinning, on mid corner and exit they don't have it.". Recently I crashed in the AI and they spun off. I don't know at what point they're using stability control, but my preference about the AI will always be no assists for them, only for them to be good enough in controlling the car without requiring ultra grip or stability. But then you see AI at Flugplatz going too fast and crashing hard, but at Spa Eau Rouge-Raidillon they brake too much and lose momentum for the straight.

"Sad part is RSR registers these times as valid..." When was this? Because the RSR rank page for that combo doesn't show your lap time. Was it a long time ago and the leaderboards were already reset or more recently and you already got banned for it? Because RSR is good with their anti-cheating and usage of Ctrl+C does give you a ban if you're using the rsr app at the same time or post a lap time with their app.

AI don't do 2:12 because their driving sucks. Even at 100% their lines are very strange and would cost them well over 3-4 seconds if not for their sticker setup.

This was a couple months ago when I first discovered this glitch. Of corse I deleted my time as soon as it registered as I don't want to get banned.

Every time I tried Ctrl+C in the past and the AI started driving, then pressed Ctrl+C again for player control, I was never able to drive the car any more as it was locked from my inputs, only worked after closing and reopening the 3d game. So how did you guys do it?

Tried it as I was curious to experience the so called "different" physic from the AI, but it does not work, I gets you into AI mode alright, but doing it again does nothing, I did not regained control of the car!
Then looks like they patched it. That used to be the case. My motherboard took a dump on me so I can't test it now but before you could toggle AI and player control.

Regarding the AI physics talk, it's obvious they don't have the same physics, as far as I know every sim uses simplified physics for AI drivers for performance purposes. AC was the first that claimed the AI uses the same physics back when it came out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that a bit for better AI and/or performance gain.

Regarding the top speed, I mostly race GT3s offline (quick race, base setup, from last place for quick fun, don't have much time) in AC, mixed field on 98-100, they don't have any advantage, but corner exit is very critical. Slipstream doesn't have a huge effect compared to more aero dependent cars, but if you watch enough Blancpain you can see it's like that IRL as well. Follow the golden rule, slow in, fast out, try to hit a bit later apex, not the geometric middle apex.

Cmon guys, oldest trick in the AI book, like rubber banding, every car getting electric starts, more grip than you in some corners, stopping in bends to encourage impact and damage.

And my favourite, allow your rival to get away at the start while two blockers hold you back as well as they can!!

They are just doing what lots of AI devs do

Hi guys,
I try Also with automatic shifting but AI is also too fast in straight.
What do I do?
Looks like your corner exits aren't as good as they should be thus affecting your straight speed. Try hitting corners before main straights at slightly different apexes, get on power earlier, use more power on exit. There could be tons of different factors and it's likely that there's something to gain here and there.
Good luck!

well reality is that AI is not faster in straights and only uses the extra grip to navigate through traffic in a more predictable way.. but I am sure a lot of you will challenge or ignore this info in order to protect your precious ego. So I'll just leave the info here if anybody is interested.
Personnally, i always peferred use 0.99 for AI ultra grip instead of 1.2. IMO AI seems more realistic with this value. But this is only for my taste. :)

The A.i is faster than me in the same car on the straights (94%), i was right on the bumper of one out of the last corner of road america he just pulled 3-4 car lengths away, meanwhile the A.I 3-4 car lengths behind me just zoomed up to my bumper ??? and i am running less aero than default with custom gears ???

The A.i is faster than me in the same car on the straights (94%), i was right on the bumper of one out of the last corner of road america he just pulled 3-4 car lengths away, meanwhile the A.I 3-4 car lengths behind me just zoomed up to my bumper ??? and i am running less aero than default with custom gears ???

You're probably not getting a great run out of the previous corner. Or your gears are too tall for that straight, compromising your acceleration.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back