1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

AI strange Pit Strategy when safety car is deployed!

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Mike85, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Mike85

Mike85

Ratings:
    +91
    Hi there,

i'm really enjoying codemaster's new F1 title however for (over 250 hours), it looks like one of the most irritating and game breaking bugs has not been fixed thus far.

- It looks like when safety car is deployed, the AI will break their Pit strategy most of the time:
    they will pit almost at the end of the race and sometimes will even do extra pit stops..... :-(

it occures not on every race but very often! it makes everything much easier and breaks the game....

what do you think guys?

2. Mike85

Mike85

Ratings:
    +91
    also antoher question! if I disable the safety car option, will I still be able to have 'VIRTUAL SAFETY CAR' condition in the game?

3. Danimal5981

Danimal5981

Ratings:
    +33
    My experience is actually quite positive with tactics: I once got lucky when a race got neutralized, exactly when I entered the pit lane. Being able to join the line within a lap, all cars who then had to pit fell behind, as well as a couple who thought their mediums would hold to the end but didn't. Then I was lucky that #Kimi7 had a gearbox-issue allowing me to finish 4th in Renault in a 50% Aussie GP on Legend level. Everything came my way.

But likewise it was the race after in Bahrain, that I got it wrong with the rubber/strategy. So you win some, you loose some, just like the real guys - particularly those in midfield. So, my experience is different and therefore never considered to switch of SC, VSC or anything of the sort.