AI speed problem

You can make a good ai run with a car and rename it to default, then copy it in the ai folder and rename that copy to a different car.

Saves having to make an ai run for every car.

IdealLine AI track line editor

have you tried setting the AI preformance to different setting, as you can see below their preformance is graded for each AI
AI_1 = 1.0
AI_2 = 0.8
AI_3 = 1.0
AI_4 = 0.96
AI_5 = 0.97
....etc
;AI code taken out of the racer.ini file

AI
{
random_scenario=0
performance=1.0 0.8 1.0 0.96 0.97 0.96 0.98 1.0 0.97 0.96
}

you could for example set the AI's to greater than 1.0 making 1.0 the lowest efficiency AI driver and the other AI drivers set between 1.1 and 2.0 OR even 3.0 if you dare and see if you can keep up, although I must add that the higher the AI's efficiency is set the better their AI - Line needs to be or they will as "WiNdE" suggested spin out or even worse yet, take you out just as your trying to overtake them :)
:bike:
seriously we can setup the AI lines to perfection using IdealLine, which at present I can not find. :fwd2:
I've got most of the program IdealLine.exe on my computer but there are skin data files missing; "Selenium.dat" and "mouse_3D.dat" and possibly some font files also which IdealLine needs to run.

If per chance anyone has these files we could surely get this program running again so we are able to load a pre-made AI line an edit it to perfection including gearing, place on track and speeds at every spline mark that AI's use to run inside Racer.
From memory IdealLine also can add speeds to the whole tracks/cars AI line by a addition of speeds across all the Spline points on the track being edited. ( spline speed + 5kph )
I must check out some old CD_roms with Racer backups to see if I have it stored on them..

p.s. if anyone out there know IdealLine maker cuold you post it here or send me a PM so I can get hold of them to get permission to restore the program again for racer

Read my previous post and download and open the attachment I posted and go to the download page and get that info, hope it helps!

Someone can link it for me ?

Great, recording a lap on a track IA became faster, just a little bit boring recording every track with every car but now is better. It's hard to overtake now ehehehe, they use all the track.

Can someone tell me how to do it ?
Have same problem, where AI don't exceed the 2nd gear ?

Post #13 on previous page for the attachment and click on the "downloads" at the top of this page and find the "racer" link then select the misc. files and it's in there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%