AI Spectator Mode??

Hi, First off, well done to ISI for making such a good rF2 Open Beta. I just need to ask a question. In rFactor 1, you could watch an AI Spectator Mode race just by keeping your car in the pits and pressing whatever key you have assigned to be Pause/Play to just watch the race and keep your car in the pits. Is that possible in rFactor 2 Open Beta? I have pressed the Pause/Play button when I got into the race in the Open Beta and nothing happened. Do you have to press a different key to watch the race? I mean, is it a different key to Pause/Play to watch the race? If not, does anyone know whether it will be possible in the final version of rFactor 2? I know it is possible to get into a race and press "ToggleAI" but I'd rather run AI Spectator mode races the other way like you could in rF1. So my question is, is it possible? If anyone knows the answer, please can they answer. Any answer would be appreciated.

Try with "View next vehicle" key (default numpad +) and "View previous vehicle" key (numpad -)
you will spectate other drivers while you're still in garage. And you can also change cameras after if you want.

childcar, im new to rFactor ,but i figured it out on the first day, it really isn't hard.

firstly when you race with the AI, when the race starts just click Escape then click "Exit to Monitor" top right corner you will see the race going ahead , click the first little box in that preview screen. that will maximase the spectator screen to "full screen" .... then click Enter to get rid of the hud, so now you have no HUD.... the screen is not cluttered.

now to view the spectators, below is a image of the numpad... by clicking the minus and plus key you will be switching through the AI Drivers, yes great but now you want to change views, read below...
Compact-USB-Numpad.jpg

to change views click the Inset Button, for the cockpit, T-cam view, by clicking Home you will get the outside views of the car, the "End,Page up & Page down keys" will change the camera to "TV Style"

400_F_23758988_HW8VKPdpFOlGUTPQOnO3lrJnnjxPEFhL.jpg

In keybindings look for 'Toggle AI Control'
Assign a key and start a race session.
Upon starting click that key and you'll get some message saying that the AI is in control.
Just sit back and enjoy the racing!
(P.S. This worked in rF1 but I doubt they tooke it away from rF2)

Hi, First off, well done to ISI for making such a good rF2 Open Beta. I just need to ask a question. In rFactor 1, you could watch an AI Spectator Mode race just by keeping your car in the pits and pressing whatever key you have assigned to be Pause/Play to just watch the race and keep your car in the pits. Is that possible in rFactor 2 Open Beta? I have pressed the Pause/Play button when I got into the race in the Open Beta and nothing happened. Do you have to press a different key to watch the race? I mean, is it a different key to Pause/Play to watch the race? If not, does anyone know whether it will be possible in the final version of rFactor 2? I know it is possible to get into a race and press "ToggleAI" but I'd rather run AI Spectator mode races the other way like you could in rF1. So my question is, is it possible? If anyone knows the answer, please can they answer. Any answer would be appreciated.
Connect -> Settings -> Turn on the spectator mode
Then Connect -> Create -> Choose a race track -> Choose Car -> Configure the race -> Add bot -> Profit!!!!
This is for rF1

Yes and Yes

Start Race
Press Esc ( puts you back in pits )
Click on TV change to any car any view you like

Start Race
Click AI control
In Live Monitor watch Race from any car any view
Use controls along the bottom bar not hard to work out
Click on the camera then click on spectator

You have many keys for cameras set them as you like
In settings go to Assign Controls click the camera ( Camera and Seat controls )
Assign all keys then save the Profile, call it spectating whatever

rF2 is totally configurable to do whatever you want

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back