Ai Pitstops

I race offline and thinking of getting this game but wants to know first if the ai do pitstops. If you can mod or insert parameters for pitstop strategies just like in gsce. Thanks.

The AI certainly do pitstops and pitstops are animated too.

The AI will pit for fuel and tyres, they will also pit to repair damage or to change tyres if it starts to rain. However, I'm not aware that you can give the AI pitstop strategies. GTR2 is based around the 2003/4 FIA GT championship where the races are 3 hours long and you have to pit twice because otherwise you'd run out of fuel. Fuel weight doesn't have the impact on laptimes for a GT car that it does for an F1 car so there isn't the same benefit to running less fuel and more pistops. A two-stop strategy is always the best.

The AI certainly do pitstops and pitstops are animated too.

The AI will pit for fuel and tyres, they will also pit to repair damage or to change tyres if it starts to rain. However, I'm not aware that you can give the AI pitstop strategies. GTR2 is based around the 2003/4 FIA GT championship where the races are 3 hours long and you have to pit twice because otherwise you'd run out of fuel. Fuel weight doesn't have the impact on laptimes for a GT car that it does for an F1 car so there isn't the same benefit to running less fuel and more pistops. A two-stop strategy is always the best.
Thank you very much for the info:thumbsup:.

I race offline and thinking of getting this game but wants to know first if the ai do pitstops. If you can mod or insert parameters for pitstop strategies just like in gsce. Thanks.

Get this game, it's awesome, set the graphics on max, there is an upgraded UI, an addon track map and zillions of cars and tracks for it. I love it, I played AC then GTR2 and much preferred GTR2.

You can alter the track and car physics easily as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back