F1 2016 AI performance varying track to track?

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Is it me or does the AI seem to be much stronger on some tracks than others? I've played career mode in Expert difficulty(no assists, cockpit view) and while this and AC are my first driving games for over two decades and I'm still learning, some tracks seem much tougher for me to compete at than others.

Driving Renault I was dead last in Melbourne and Sochi and one of the last cars in Barcelona, Hungary and China. But I scored points in Bahrain, Monaco, Canada and Silverstone(hard fought 10th pos) and Austria. In Monaco it rained most of the race which apparently tends to effect AI more than the player.

In Hungary I had to copy someone elses setup to be able to even match my teammate, using any of the engineer setups I couldnt get closer than 1,5 s to Magnussen. And the race was tough!

edit: I also do 100 % races which probably effects my performance. Most races have been physically quite tough near the end(my legs cramping lol) and my laptimes clearly go down in the last laps. But in the toughest races I've not been able to match the AI even at the lights out.

Last edited:
Yes it's certainly seems to be the the case that certain tracks favour the AI far more than the human driver. I've just finished several races at Monza in the Force India where I have been fighting for the win each time whereas at other places (Spa and Mexico were other recent races I have done ) I am struggling to get into the top 6.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back