F1 2013 AI pace at race start

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

I'm having a hard time figuring out the AI at the start of the race. I have the "True to Life" AI patch installed (fyi). Their first lap pace seems good, but after that there is nothing I can do to hang with the leader. I find myself losing about a second per lap to Nico's Mercedes for the first 5 laps, and after that I still can't reel him back in. Even if he is on the harder tires. Here is what is really strange though, at the end of the race I am usually much quicker than the AI, even when I'm on the harder tire and they are on the softer set. Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this? Does it have to do with running 50% distance races? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey all,

I'm having a hard time figuring out the AI at the start of the race. I have the "True to Life" AI patch installed (fyi). Their first lap pace seems good, but after that there is nothing I can do to hang with the leader. I find myself losing about a second per lap to Nico's Mercedes for the first 5 laps, and after that I still can't reel him back in. Even if he is on the harder tires. Here is what is really strange though, at the end of the race I am usually much quicker than the AI, even when I'm on the harder tire and they are on the softer set. Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this? Does it have to do with running 50% distance races? Any advice would be appreciated.
Maybe he is using mix 3 for the first stint and in the end he is in fuel conservation mode.Try the same (don't worry about the -2 or -3 laps of fuel);)

Hey all,

Maybe he is using mix 3 for the first stint and in the end he is in fuel conservation mode.Try the same (don't worry about the -2 or -3 laps of fuel);)

agree with Dimos. it seems that AI push themselves at start. they try mix 3 when battling with you or another AI or creating a gap as much as possible. then they switch to mix 1 in order to bring the car home with good result, like in real F1 does.

that reminds me, my driving style is always like this : before race start, i do cautios. which means i start the race with heavy fuel tank. i try to not push myself. i use mix 2 even i'm in battle with anyone. then switch to mix 1 in 2 or 3 laps before pitting. that gives me a fuel advantage at my final stint to give a pressure & overtake them at the end of the race and uuhhh.... when i crossed the finish line, my fuel status stiil in +1 :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%