1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

AI pace at race start

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Ryan Hieronymus, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Hey all,

I'm having a hard time figuring out the AI at the start of the race. I have the "True to Life" AI patch installed (fyi). Their first lap pace seems good, but after that there is nothing I can do to hang with the leader. I find myself losing about a second per lap to Nico's Mercedes for the first 5 laps, and after that I still can't reel him back in. Even if he is on the harder tires. Here is what is really strange though, at the end of the race I am usually much quicker than the AI, even when I'm on the harder tire and they are on the softer set. Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this? Does it have to do with running 50% distance races? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Maybe he is using mix 3 for the first stint and in the end he is in fuel conservation mode.Try the same (don't worry about the -2 or -3 laps of fuel);)

3. I never experieced this.. when my fuel indicator goes optimal I immediately switch to low fuel consumption. Did you have to save fuel at the end or you're all flat out using mix 3 and still finished the race?

4. In the first half of the race even if you have -3 laps of fuel, switch to mix1 for 3 or 4 laps and you'll be back to optimal;)

5. agree with Dimos. it seems that AI push themselves at start. they try mix 3 when battling with you or another AI or creating a gap as much as possible. then they switch to mix 1 in order to bring the car home with good result, like in real F1 does.

that reminds me, my driving style is always like this : before race start, i do cautios. which means i start the race with heavy fuel tank. i try to not push myself. i use mix 2 even i'm in battle with anyone. then switch to mix 1 in 2 or 3 laps before pitting. that gives me a fuel advantage at my final stint to give a pressure & overtake them at the end of the race and uuhhh.... when i crossed the finish line, my fuel status stiil in +1 :roflmao: