1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ai not utilizing slipstream/drafting

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Msportdan, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I wanted to make a specific thread about this, because i think this aspect of the AI lets them down the most. Ive seen a que of AI cars down a straight, and not one popped out for the overtake (there was plenty of road left). This makes defending against the AI very easy, and the fact you can use the draft for an overtake and the AI somewhat do not.

Is there anything reiza or any ini tweaks known to fix this

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

The draft works for the AI just fine.. Try follow a queue down a long straight and it will be very noticeable.

If they are not pulling out for the overtake that´s another issue, they are indeed inherently hesitant in pulling alongside, though that is related to some extent to the agression settings (one should always stick to something between 25-50%).

Then there are the track´s AIW, paths, corridors which all play a factor. We do a lot of work on that front for our tracks, but you shouldn´t expect them to work the same in add-on tracks.

3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i only use reiza content. an as you say its only the "pop out" they dont do. which then they dab the brakes and lose any advantage.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

What agression setting are you running? Also helps to know where you´ve found that to be an issue and what car, though it should concentrate on the AI feedback thread really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

my agression is at 45. i was on Floripa at the time, but ive noticed it on many tracks/cars that the AI dont commit from the draft.

6. Hi all!

I know we all want more competitive AI for Game stock car, like overtake more and blue flag behavior but there is a program for Rfactor that solved this problem(add mass penalty the lapped cars more overtake etc...) : http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor AI improvement

Can somebody conert this program for Game stock car? It will be really cool, you think it's pssible?

7. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

as much as i dont want to say this, ive actually found myself going back to rf2 due to the superior AI. GSC is great but against the AI im starting to see niggles which have obviously been fixed in rf2 and make for better racing. Ive always been after the best AI in racing game/sims so ill naturally play the one that gives me that. Such a shame i love gsc, but the AI is predictable and restricted by the engine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

found this on some old threads

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1231611&postcount=4

AIDraftStickiness=(2)A number (in m/s) that gets added to the speed of the car the AI is drafting with when
    comparing weather or not he wants to get behind other potential draft partners. The reason
    we have a non-zero number is to prevent spastic bouncing back n forth between two draft
    partners for slight and temporary changes.

9. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

and this

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1460705&postcount=296

I have done some testing and found that lowering AIDraftStickiness (in AIW file) helps promote overtaking a lot.

AIDraftStickiness=(1.0000)

I have found that by making the value 1.0000, the AI seem to think there is no real benefit to being in the draft so if a passing opportunity occurs (like an opponent going slow) they will pull out and overtake. I have also found the AI do not ram into the back of me with anything like the same regularity too.

I might be wrong in my findings and perhaps vonDutch, with his greater knowledge, will correct me. I could be wrong but if you try it let me know what you find out [​IMG]

[​IMG]