• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks AI line recording is faulty

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Gilles75, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    I've spent the last two days trying to create AI driving files but they are not remotely accurate. I record myself driving, never once straying off the track, then rename the candidate files and fire up AC. When I test the AI drivers they drive way wide off the track, even though, as i said, I never once left the track when I was recording the AI files. So I'd like to know how do other track modders make AI files? What are they doing differently to me? I'm using the 1.9 version of AC.

2. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +319
    First reason: You are using an ancient version of Assetto Corsa
    Second Reason: Your track borders must be set right. If you use the ai which I sent you, you will notice two red lines at the left and right side of the track

3. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +319
    These lines are the boundaries for the ai, they will only notice them while driving

4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +319
    For this you need to just let Steam update the game or, if you use a pirated version of Assetto Corsa, buy the game, it is really worth it

5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +1,287
    Why are you using a version of AC released in October 2016?? :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,415
    Maybe he does not have an internet, and so AC couldn`t update ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    Maybe Donald Trump is the Queen of Sheba reincarnated ............ just saying 'maybe' :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +1,287
    This is when it would be nice if our RD accounts were linked to Steam, like the official AC forum has :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gilles75

Gilles75

Ratings:
    +69
    I do have the Steam version, bought and paid for. But I use a different install for modding so i don't mess anything up with the version I play.