F1 2010 AI levels

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey All,

I was wondering what the differences are between the AI difficulty levels. I'm currently playing on easy (because i'm useless at racing games when I first get them) and have now started to dominate the career mode, especially in the races. If i move the difficulty level up what will happen? Will the other drivers get faster or will they be harder to overtake? Also if they do get faster is there a stupidly big jump up as there was in F1 2006?

Thanks, The Gingie 500

Generally the AI will be "better" in every way. They'll be faster in qualifying and put up a better defence when you try to overtake (especially on legendary).

The jump is not massive but depending on how good/bad you are you may need to spend more time in practice and qualifying to get a competitive time. As a general rule, if you're qualifying times are decent then you should be okay in the race. I highly reccomend if you're dominating in one of the lower teams then switch the difficulty upwards until you're around the finishing more around 16th/17th. The game is more fun the more your competing with the AI and the more realistic you make it. You'll never get better unless you turn that difficulty up!

Hope that helps.

I second that but would add that you should be turning down assists as a slightly greater priority to speeding up the opponents.
By dropping TCS/ABS/Racing line the game goes up a notch in reward. Turn all them off then start to manage AI speed once you have done this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back