PC2 AI Level/Track Community Resource

Inspired by Ryan Soucy's thread about AI inconsistency, and well, a lot of other threads about it too. I figured I'd make one thread where we can list all of the car/track/AI level combos that appear to cause issues.

For example, we all know Silverstone is a track where the AI are notoriously difficult seemingly for every class of car. So an entry for that would read:
  • Silverstone - [+]1.8 seconds

In this scenario, +1.8 seconds is the absolute closest you could get to the pole time when the level is set at 100 percent difficulty and 50 percent aggression.

In order for this to work, it will require a lot of people doing the same track. It can't be one person does Spa, then someone else does Fuji, because we can't equate talent into a metric like this at all. What I'm proposing is that we make a list of 10 tracks, and all of us run a qualifying session at 100 difficulty / 50 aggression and post the results here.

While it's an imperfect system, it should give people who want to use PC2 a baseline for AI adjustment on a set number of tracks. It doesn't matter what your actual talent level is, as long as the results can interpret an equal talent across multiple tracks. Once we have 10 people on 10 tracks, we could assemble a chart and see what the average looks like. Then the results could be posted here and users would have a kind of workaround for at least a partial list of tracks.

Here is my initial list that I plan to begin testing later today. If anyone wants to join me in posting their results or sign up to helping with this project, post in here. I'm not particularly quick, so don't expect fast times. It's not a competition about speed though, it's about developing a community resource, which to me, is an integral part of what Race Department is about.

1. Silverstone (GP)
  2. Le Mans (Full)
  3. Brands Hatch (GP)
  4. Spa (GP)
  5. Red Bull Ring
  6. Knockhill
  7. Fuji
  8. Long Beach
  9. Laguna Seca
  10. Daytona (Road Course)

I will be using the Porsche Cayman GT4 and the Formula C (both) for these tests, but feel free to use whatever car you like as long as you specify what it is. However, I would suggest against using cars with little comparison to others in the game, such as Formula X / Aston Martin Vulcan / etc.

As much as i appreciate the effort here, i think its a lot harder to collect the data. Everyone has different skill and good or bad tracks that they struggle with. Also the ai are slower in the rain, so then there another further AI adjustment..

Ive noted all the tracks that I've driven with Ai level at around my skill level. I tried to get them so the ai are around 0.500-1.000 sec quicker in qualy than me, unless i put in a super super lap.

In rf2 I'm between a 95-100% player so as you can see I'm rarely near that in PC2. As you say Silverstone seems to be a track that AI are very fast. It does seem to me that the AI have much more grip than the player in some corners. Anyway heres my tracks i will add to it if you want. To be honest I'm not even sure of Qualy and race pace match using the same level!? By the way these are for using the first few series in the career, so mainly Ginettas GT5 and JNR, formula rookie.
  • Sugo 100
  • Brands 75
  • Dubai 80
  • Barca 95
  • Donny 80
  • Monza 85
  • Red bull 90
  • Oulton 90
  • Snetterton 90
  • Silverstone 60
  • Indy 80

As much as i appreciate the effort here, i think its a lot harder to collect the data. Everyone has different skill and good or bad tracks that they struggle with. Also the ai are slower in the rain, so then there another further AI adjustment..

Yeah, I'm not expecting this to produce scientific results, where we can say "87 percent at Brands Hatch is perfect for everyone" but rather like a basic rating system for the tracks like "Easy (110-100), Medium (100-90), Hard (90-80), Very Hard (80-70), Extreme (70-60), Unusable (50-0)" would be really useful as a guide. Again, I understand that this would also be subjective, but any kind of baseline to start from would be massively beneficial here, because going in blind to every track is a nightmare. Everything other than the AI points to PC2 being my sim of choice, but it's too time consuming to get a simple race going right now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%