AI in practice an qualifying

I'm finding the AI in practice an qualifying just don't see you on track. Very often I'm punted off track it's like the AI don't know your there, DTM 2016 seems to be the worst. :(

Just me ?

Not just you... I tried setting up a DTM 2013, then tried 2016 championship recently - first race is Bathurst - I was punted most every time I had a car close behind at the start of The Esses (corners 11/12). I'm sure some if it was me as I don't have a lot of time on that track in R3E and have a hard time with that section but I also believe the AI is brutally aggressive at that section.
The past day or so I've been driving the FR Jr cars - one of my new favorites as I've had much better luck against the AI.
I'm an offline racer, R3E hits the mark in every way for me except for this issue with the AI. And it's not just the AI contact, the contact so violent it most always sends you spinning.
My favorite AI racing is in rF2 BY A LONG SHOT - I can race door to door, lap after lap. Trading paint doesn't have just a violent behavior. I want to spend my time in R3E, if it just gave me the rF2 type of AI experience. For now R3E is very hit and miss - a lot of frustration at times.

The AI is a little aggressive since the patch, but aside from the odd incident I haven't had any real trouble with it.
And I've done wheel to wheel racing with the FR2s all the way through Eau Rouge and through Les Combes, so it's certainly doable.
Though granted, looking at the S3 forums the main complaint seems to be in the DTMs which I don't do, so.....
But in my experience, the problem usually stems from not having the AI set to the right level. If you're running with a fixed AI, and it's set a couple of levels too high, the AI will try to get past you by any means necessary.
Try lowering the level a notch or two, and see if that helps any.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back