1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI First lap performance.

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by thomascats, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Hello,
    My problem is with the AI on the first lap after collision.
    Green flag, race is started. In the first three corners there is a collision and a lot of debris on the track.
    After passing it, The AI starting to slow down so I can overtake most of them with marussia.
    Even after yellow flags are not more waved, The other drivers are very slow.
    After the first lap they're OK.
    (Happens on any diff')
    Someone know what can cause that?
    Thanks.

Here is the video:

2. Usually what happens when Codemasters are programming :p

Nah I don't really know tbh mate, maybe the AI is programmed to be cautious after a yellow flagged first corner? So they have time to react to any problems which raised the flag?

I've never experienced this though :(

3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I've noticed on some tracks, particularly China before T5 and Abu Dhabi before T2, that on the first lap the AI put on the brakes slightly and back up the whole field, it makes it incredibly easy to make up a lot of places.

Not sure why this is :/

4. I am uploading a short video to explain this better.
    Wait and thanks for support.

UPLOADED.

5. maybe it's to give the developers chance to catch up Tophercheese?? :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Haha I actually wouldn't be surprised!

I really hope 2013 is a bigger step up in AI performance. I know it's a complicated and technical area, and compared to most racing games, F1 2012 has top end AI, but they're still not good enough to give you a good race when you're in a good team.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2013 has it flaws I agree. But if your willing to drive like they do and not take massive advantage of their glitches, it can still be really fun.