AI errors and failures more real

I do prefer Alonso much better than Vettel ... If you ask me which one is my favorite for the championship ... I will reply Alonso. He has done so much work in his cockpit ... He really, really deserves more to win 'cause he's a real warrior. Even if his car is not the best one on the grid, he's here with all his passion and love for the prancing horse ! Just my opinion guys :D

Sammy, i don't know if you watch practice 1,2 and 3, Qauly, and race but i do!
And Alonso gets his hand outta the cockpit every time (lately not cause Senna is doing that) when another driver is defending in race or coudn't get 100% outta the way in qualy!
I mean...it's the racesport, there isn't always all the 100% space on track, deal with it!

Thats why i don't like Alonso, it's my opinion :confused:

I watch free practice sessions too and must say they all react that way when they feel they've been hold up unnecessarily. That means that you dislike all drivers :)

Havent downloaded this file but just had a look at the original one. Im sure that the ai_choreographer.xml in conjunction with DB changes can make something real nice. But for sure it will need a lot of time for testing until the values are good.

I tried this mod on the medium setting with a 25% race and only 9 cars finished the race, including mine.

Then I tried it on the soft setting with a 25% race and only 11 cars finished the race, including mine.

This might be fun in a survival of the fittest car race, but it is too unrealistic for a F1 race.

So I put back the original ai coreographer file and now I am going to play with just the realistic damage mod.

Maybe its not this mod that is making you finish with less racers. I have completed season 1 many times with different teams also using the realistic damage mod and always I believe its 2nd to the last track I am the only one finishing the race and that is without this mod. I also only play on intermediate.

As far as the mod goes I kinda like it. It really helps wining the race with cars that don't have kers that other wise with out this I wouldn't.

Try to take mech failures and mistakes on a low value (0.1 - 0.3)

Thanks for the help I will try tomorrow when I have time!

So, i tested it...

I made low values for the new teams and higher for older, or shall i say like in RL?

So HRT 0,1, Mercedes 0,3 Lotus 0,9...

Something like that.

Result: 5Lap Race in Australia (with damage Mod 3), 11 Cars finished.

I'll try some different settings with this file tomorrow.
Demy van Zoggel have you noticed the events on the file looks like the same on the database? Look for: canned_events_driver_modifiers
Its the exact same settings. But they are all 0 on the DB. Maybe increasing just the test_probability and max_events can have some good results. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 137812

Benutzername I can understand there were only 11 cars that finished, did you do 0.1 at the difficulty setting and 0.1 at a HRT? thats like a big chance to retire.

Roberto Costa I didnt check that out yet, i'd like to know your results!

• Deleted member 137812

I set 0,1 on HRT, but what do you mean with the dif?
Lol, I meant ai_mistakes and mech failure

What happened here is that you set mech failure to 0.1, and set HRT mech failure to 0.1. That gives them 0.1*0.1=0.01 chance to finish the race. This is not really how it works but its an example.

Another thing you maybe already know is that when doing 5 laps or 100% doesnt really matter, you get the same amount of retirements just in a different time.

I like your idea of mech failure rate from teams. Im gonna make a database using the mech failures we have seen in 2012. So a bit more from Schumacher and Hamilton.

the boys fighting in 2012, yes alonso or vettel... and me 2022 trying to download the mod that DOES NOT EXIST.

If anyone has the mod, please upload it again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%