• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

AI Drivers

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by GuitarTech, Oct 11, 2017.

1. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    How can I assign a button for the AI driver? I've looked all over the place in the menu but can't see it anywhere. What am I missing? :confused:

2. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    Have I discovered something in PC2 that nobody knows the answer to? 33 views until now, and nobody knows? Last night I asked the same question over at GT Planet, no answer there either. Does this setting even exist in PC2? Am I being silly? Is it a secret? ....;)

3. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +475
    I read your post and had no idea what you where talking of - "...assign a button for the AI driver?".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Must be honest I too have no idea what your talking about?
    Do you mean driver names? If so you can toggle the names on/off by assigning a button in the. Controller configuration menu

5. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    In other games you can turn the AI driver on and off, like if you're racing and need to go to the toilet or something, or if you want to learn a new track. instead of driving yourself, you can let the AI driver drive.
    In rF2 it's called "toggle AI control" Does PC2 even have this? I hope I've made myself clear now :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  6. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    thanks for replying, but that's not what I mean. please see my reply above :thumbsup:

7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Not sure to be honest....but you can pause a race midway I believe in single player.

8. McKiernan

McKiernan

Ratings:
    +8
    In PCARS1 you could swap to an AI driver during the pit stop. The option was in the pit menu. Not sure if it's possible in PCARS2 but it might be in the ICM (in car management menu) I guess.

9. ermo

ermo

Ratings:
    +124
    nvm

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,049
    In Pcars 1 you could press escape and choose the option to spectate whilst the race continues with your car being controlled by the computer. Is this what you mean?

11. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    No, I meant like in rF2 where you could assign a key to "toggle AI control" , which you could select at any time: then the AI driver would take over the car for as long as you liked, until you could toggle the button again, and take back control.
    It was quite handy when you had to go to the toilet during an endurance race, or to learn a new track quicker. You could watch it in AI mode for a few laps, to get a basic idea of the layout.
    No matter, it doesn't seem to be in PC2, and it also seems that I'm the only person in the whole wide world that wants to use it , judging by the answers here :D

12. Martin Larsen

Martin Larsen

Ratings:
    +153
    I have not tested, but bring up that ICM (in car management menu) I think I saw ''Driver Swap'' somewhere there

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,049
    Oh yes. I don't like doing that in RF2 though because the AI drives the car better than me. :D

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN

Ratings:
    +1,264
  15. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks for the heads up:I didn't think of looking over there today. I asked last night, and nobody answered, and today I had a lot to do at work. My post has already slipped down to Page 3 or 4, took me ages to find it just now. I'll check out the settings tonight when I get home. :)

16. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    I just hit the pause button when I need to get up to take a slash.

• Like Like x 1