AI crashing since 1.14 (Nordschliefe especially)

I've just restarted a race with AI on Nordschliefe six times. They kept crashing off the track in the first seven or so corners (in a recoverable way) but then seriously screwing up at Flugplatz.

The problem is stopping me from racing.

It's a real pity. I've really been enjoying the new AI until now but this is quite bad.

Can anyone help? Does the AI line need to be redone?

Has anyone else noticed problems like this? I haven"t tried many mod tracks since 1.14, just Bridgehampton - where they seemed to be crashing quite badly too.

I read that in another thread too. Don't find it, sorry :(
What you CAN do about it:
in the content\tracks\%eachLayout%\data\ you will find "ai_hints.ini".
The standard Nordschleife already has some "hints" in there for Karussell, Wehrseifen and Pflanzgarten 2.
It's pretty simple to use: you create [HINT_X] and put the start coordinate and end coordinate under it. The VALUE is how fast the AI should go through it. Default is 1.0

When you enable dev-apps you can see, in one of them, your current coordinate while driving. You would have to stop at the point where the ai is too fast, get the coordinate and put it in the ini file.

Yes, very complicated and it's not that easy to fix for @kunos because only SOME cars are having the problem I think.

Little more info: start=0.0 and end=0.99 would result in an overall slower AI at the whole track!

Last edited:
Maybe just try turning the aggression down? I was just reading on the AC forum about people doing AI races at the Nords with no problems by keeping the aggression in the 60-70% range.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...rtr-dlc-impressions.45319/page-35#post-885401

I knew that statement from somewhere :D

To the OP:

It would be very helpful if you´d add some info to your post. Like what kind of cars, what track condition and track temperature and which AI settings (Strength, Variation and Aggression) you used when you observed the issue.

As I said in the linked post on the AC forum, for a pure GT3 field, avoid full aggression. Totally makes sense though, as the real cars tend to fly off pretty quickly when GT3 cars try to pass each other on the Nordschleife. In VLN and 24h races, the drivers hardly do this, they tend to move to a nice position to finally make their move at Doettinger Hoehe or on the GP course. And a benefit they have is that a driver ahead can get stuck behind a lower class car, providing a "safe" opportunity for overtaking.
So it makes a lot of sense to use a lower aggression than with a circuit that provides natural overtaking opportunities. I´d suggest trying 0-30% aggression at first and if that works, you might raise it to 50%, if you don´t want cars crashing at Schwedenkreuz for example (Quite some cars end up in the run off areas there usually).

Also if you want you can watch the clip I posted in the linked AC forum post, it´s a typical example of a driver attempting a slightly risky overtake.

I did some races against AI last weekend, and lacking time i stopped in the gravel and let the ai do 3 or 4 races bout 20 laps.
Multiclass - slow first, fast at the end (alfa DTM, Mercedes DTM, GT4 / GT3) - AI 95%, Variation 5%, Aggression 100%(!) - 49 Starters, 50% survivors, but 3 or 4 cars badly damaged and doing 13-19(!)min runs....
Multiclass fast first, slow at the end (nearly same cars), same values as above - 37 or so starters, 31 finisher
Multiclass fast first, but only gt3/gt4 and Porsche RSR, same values, 39 starters - 29 finisher
Multiclass fast first, Fiat 500 and Fiat 1000(Mod) - same values, 40 Starter 40 Finisher :p:D

when the fast cars are on the lead the manage flugplatz and adenauer forst really good. other way round there is a lot of chaos.

I knew that statement from somewhere :D

To the OP:

It would be very helpful if you´d add some info to your post. Like what kind of cars, what track condition and track temperature and which AI settings (Strength, Variation and Aggression) you used when you observed the issue.

As I said in the linked post on the AC forum, for a pure GT3 field, avoid full aggression. Totally makes sense though, as the real cars tend to fly off pretty quickly when GT3 cars try to pass each other on the Nordschleife. In VLN and 24h races, the drivers hardly do this, they tend to move to a nice position to finally make their move at Doettinger Hoehe or on the GP course. And a benefit they have is that a driver ahead can get stuck behind a lower class car, providing a "safe" opportunity for overtaking.
So it makes a lot of sense to use a lower aggression than with a circuit that provides natural overtaking opportunities. I´d suggest trying 0-30% aggression at first and if that works, you might raise it to 50%, if you don´t want cars crashing at Schwedenkreuz for example (Quite some cars end up in the run off areas there usually).

Also if you want you can watch the clip I posted in the linked AC forum post, it´s a typical example of a driver attempting a slightly risky overtake.
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I could have provided more info.
I've been running the ai at 90 to 93% strength, 100% aggression, 0 variation. The track temp is 19 degrees, it's green, and it's an exclusively GT3 field.
Reading thru' the above replies, it seems I'd be best turning down aggression to around 50 and seeing how it goes from there.

I've been doing the challenges and using the set AI strengths of hard/alien. I've found that AI spins out at specific spots on many of the tracks in alien setting. At a zandvoort race with the audi TT (Ithink it was the TT) nearly all the cars spun out on the second last corner. They all spun out exactly the same way too. At the nordschleife I had a great race with the TT but again they spun out on the Karussell handing me first place. At other times they just seem to abandon the car at the side of the track for the rest of the race.

I haven't done any experimentation. I'm just using the out of the box alien setting. Up until the spin happens the racing is door to door though, they're fast but seem to get caught out by particular corners and if the AI see the other AI spin out they follow them.

Hi guys, I see its an old post, but i am working on that issue since a few days now and cant get it fixed.

I use the 60 slot mod for 24h layout nordschleife, tried with GT3 or 911 cup cars (about 40 cars on track), when i put strength to 100% and aggression to 0% half of the flield crashes during first lap. Especially at adenauer forst, i added that section in the hints (took the start and end point from the section folder) and put it value down to 0.8.

Many cars still keep crashing. Is it possible that they just cant manage 100% strength on that track? Anyways they are too slow, without crashing GT3 AIs dont manage to go faster than 8:30, which is sadly 15 seconds slower than my average lap time. I would really appreciate if someone can help. I would love to do some endurance races on Nordschleife against AI.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%