AI Behavior

Hello, I'm playing F1 RSS mod and made Talent files for every drivers but there's something weird :
I Wanted to make the drivers performance as realistic as possible so for example, Manor drivers (Ocon & Wehrlein) should be at the back, the strange fact is that Ocon is ALWAYS in the top5 fastest drivers on every track im playing on, I made his talent file exactly like Wehrlein so it should not happen. Other talents are working fine, mercedes drivers at the front, etc.

F1 RSS mod uses Formula extreme physics so every cars have the same performance, so I don't know what am i doing wrong, why is Esteban Ocon that fast in my games ? The exactly same thing happened when I was playing on rFactor 1 (2016 mod) so I would really like to solve this issue once and for all!
Thanks for help

I've found that using talent files doesn't create a big enough difference. The AIRange setting in a tracks .AIW file can be increased to make the differences bigger, but Reiza are hiding the AIW in the latest tracks to be released, so it's not always an option.
I've found creating individual upgrades.ini's for each team a fairly easy solution. You could alter the engine power, car weight or Aero to create bigger differences between teams or drivers.

I've found that using talent files doesn't create a big enough difference. The AIRange setting in a tracks .AIW file can be increased to make the differences bigger, but Reiza are hiding the AIW in the latest tracks to be released, so it's not always an option.
I've found creating individual upgrades.ini's for each team a fairly easy solution. You could alter the engine power, car weight or Aero to create bigger differences between teams or drivers.

Specifically how would you write car weight in the upgrade ini file. I have used engine power/aero before in my 2016 mod and it works well. car weigh would be something I can add aswell

Are you writing the correct path to your 2016 talent folder? If not do so in the .srs file for the 2016 mod in the series folder. Its in the section called something like config overide, should be just under the title name of your mod just below a load of numbers. In there insert your path to the ie, DriversDir=GAMEDATA/TALENT/F1 2016.

Thank you all for your answers,
The difference is big enough for me, The grid is quite accurate according to the real life, both mercedes drivers at the top most of the time, then redbull, ferrari etc. The only issue is Ocon, he makes his way to the top 5 everytime with his manor...
Are you writing the correct path to your 2016 talent folder? If not do so in the .srs file for the 2016 mod in the series folder. Its in the section called something like config overide, should be just under the title name of your mod just below a load of numbers. In there insert your path to the ie, DriversDir=GAMEDATA/TALENT/F1 2016.
Yes, as i've said all talents related to my others 2016 f1 drivers are just working fine, the only trouble is Ocon.. :(

I would like to know how is it possible that issue happened to me on both AMS and rFactor, am I cursed or ... ?

I've put speed=5 in Ocon's talent file and guess what, he qualified 3rd just behind the mercedes... His teammate (Pascal Wehrlein) with a better talent file, qualified 18th.
I made another test to see if I was doing something wrong, I've replaced Esteban Ocon for Rio Haryanto (So i changed driver name in the .veh file + made changed the name in Ocon talent file for Rio, i didn't change any stats). Then i ran a qualif session in monza and Rio Haryanto performed as expected (to the talent file), qualified 19th.
So I have no idea what is going on with Ocon, seriously..

Hi HK2014, if I can help check the following lines :

.veh file
Driver="Esteban Ocon"

In Talent directory
EstebanOcon.rcd (no spaces)

.rcd file (inside it)
Esteban Ocon
{
// Driver stats
etc.

I always make talent files by myself for every Car Pack and usually the problem is related to the 3 spelling above

Bye
Luca.

thank you all for trying to help me,
I've checked everything and all is correct... I guess Im gonna give up and wait for few years, eventually Ocon will be at the top of the grid IRL :D

If all is correct maybe you can check the Speed value inside the talent file : is it the same than Wehrlein ? The Speed value is the main parameter that make the difference on AI Behavior.........
Another one is the MinRacingSkill that has to be equal or lower than the Speed one (I usually make it 3 to 5 points slower).

Yes Im using Identical parameters for Ocon and Werhlein talent files, I tried to lower MinRacingSkill but it didn't change Ocon's performance, I ran another Qualif and he was P2 and Werhlein P19...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000