AI back out of overtakes

Hi guys.

Has anyone noticed the AI back out of over taking manoeuvres? I was doing a race with AI on 100% and max aggression and they would be a couple of mph quicker on the straights but speed up to the back of my car and then just sit behind me.

They are carrying more than enough speed to get past but they dont even attempt to over take.

Any ideas as to what is going on there?

Current Beta version v1.4.4b overhauls AI behaviour. Altough some refinement is still in progress, AI now don't want to stay behind other car anymore, they change lines, spread the field in start, fight mid-corner, goes three wide and even divebomb and take defensive lines sometimes! They even use push-to-pass now!

They are still too reckless in first lap (lots ot carnage!), but should be ok for public release soon:

Hi guys.

Has anyone noticed the AI back out of over taking manoeuvres? I was doing a race with AI on 100% and max aggression and they would be a couple of mph quicker on the straights but speed up to the back of my car and then just sit behind me.

They are carrying more than enough speed to get past but they dont even attempt to over take.

Any ideas as to what is going on there?

Anyone any tips on tracks that the AI make mistakes on and have lot crashes

Anyone any tips on tracks that the AI make mistakes on and have lot crashes

There can be numerous reasons to that:
  • genuine Reiza track or mod track (one of Patrick's ?) ?
  • IA commits errors on its own or do you "help" it? (poking the nose of your car where you shouldnt :) ).
  • IA is not very good at multiclass racing and overtakes on certain complicated tracks (I heard Curvelo is one of them. Works OK in single class racing but IA struggles with overtakes in multiclass).
  • If you have access to Reiza's forums, you can always post that in one of the bug/dev threads. It'll would help them a lot.
  • They mentioned some further IA tweaking in the next update.

There can be numerous reasons to that:
  • genuine Reiza track or mod track (one of Patrick's ?) ?
  • IA commits errors on its own or do you "help" it? (poking the nose of your car where you shouldnt :) ).
  • IA is not very good at multiclass racing and overtakes on certain complicated tracks (I heard Curvelo is one of them. Works OK in single class racing but IA struggles with overtakes in multiclass).
  • If you have access to Reiza's forums, you can always post that in one of the bug/dev threads. It'll would help them a lot.
  • They mentioned some further IA tweaking in the next update.

Hi thanks for replying. It would be a geniue track.

I want to play on tracks that look up to AMS standards but at same time ones in which the AI struggles with

It that makes sense

In some tracks and series when they lap another car they overtake them too wide and they run off the track to the grass so they lost a lot of time.

Also when they wait for rejoin the track after a spun off sometimes they wait too much and retire from the race.

I would like to ask what number should i put in plr regarding the updste to the following line:

Autolinesmooth which is default 0 should i put 1 or 3?

And i realize that AI not always respect aiw line in modded track.

Is it possible to fix this?

Not sure this has any impact but at some point in one of the previous updates, Reiza told users to update some PLR file value :

AI to AI Collision Rate="40" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions --> must be updated to 80
Maybe this has an impact on your issue.

Beyond that, posting on Reiza's official forum is your best option.

Not sure this has any impact but at some point in one of the previous updates, Reiza told users to update some PLR file value :

AI to AI Collision Rate="40" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions --> must be updated to 80
Maybe this has an impact on your issue.

Beyond that, posting on Reiza's official forum is your best option.

I have fine this too but no difference. I poszed on ams forum but i havent got answer since minday :(

Not sure I got what you mean but I can tell you the following:
  • you should pay attention to the AI difficulty level. Maybe you set it too low.
  • you should make sure AI agression is set to Medium or High to benefit from Reiza's latest AI developments (setting it to Low disable the functions added in v1.43+).
  • you should always try to set up some qualifying time to make sure the AI can "auto-adapt" to you speed (within the limits of the AI difficulty value). This has been mentioned several times in Reiza's forums.
Apart from that, an AI control car should not dominate the whole field as you describe (within the same car class of course). That has never happened to me. Quite the contrary, I find AMS AI to be quite consistent and with the latest additions, actually quite good.

Now if you have a very detailed example of your issue, I suggest you post it in Reiza's forums, in the AMS/help section. They'll be happy to help.

Not sure I got what you mean but I can tell you the following:
  • you should pay attention to the AI difficulty level. Maybe you set it too low.
  • you should make sure AI agression is set to Medium or High to benefit from Reiza's latest AI developments (setting it to Low disable the functions added in v1.43+).
  • you should always try to set up some qualifying time to make sure the AI can "auto-adapt" to you speed (within the limits of the AI difficulty value). This has been mentioned several times in Reiza's forums.
Apart from that, an AI control car should not dominate the whole field as you describe (within the same car class of course). That has never happened to me. Quite the contrary, I find AMS AI to be quite consistent and with the latest additions, actually quite good.

Now if you have a very detailed example of your issue, I suggest you post it in Reiza's forums, in the AMS/help section. They'll be happy to help.

What about AI strength, mine is set to 86

Well my AI controlled car was 4th having started 24th at Interlargos, v10 F1. I would like the others to speed up if possible.

What about AI strength, mine is set to 86

Well my AI controlled car was 4th having started 24th at Interlargos, v10 F1. I would like the others to speed up if possible.

You are talking about you driving with AI control. The rest of these conversations are about us driving against AI. The AI-control of the user vehicle is not part of the normal AI experience. It was never meant to race with, nor why would anyone want to do that? When computer control of the user car is activated, it defaults to the fastest possible speed and best control. It will never be useful to use against other AI. It is meant to use for temporary periods and special circumstances only. I hope Reiza does not waste any time on it now as there are real AI issues still to be ironed-out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%