After the success of FVA 2010 time to revaluate netkar pro?

Mate you are the first people I see on these forums who say this is a crap rule, while I'm here since 2 years. Maybe those sites have more nKPro fans while here a lot of people like touring car racing and usually there is an S2000 touring car race on Wednesday using Race On at the same time, and those races usually have full grids by the way (25 people). Maybe the nKPro races should be on a different day or something.

So how come GPC/RSR have full grids? It’s a lack of flexibility & crap combos that drive people away.
from RSR, such it embeds GPCOS page, I can see your driver's detail and kunos license with your full name exactly like happen here at RD, so where is the difference to us ?
this is not to be polemical with you, in many many times you given a good help with your opinion, but only to show you that no one site can't guarantee to let you be anonymous ...

best regards mate

ciao

I raced with my full name before RD too, I think it's a totally normal thing. It's much better to see full names on the results table and not silly nicknames! Especially when you're running in a league, it's much more official and feels much better! You enter a club, a friendly community, and that begins with knowing each other's name imo, if you join a club/school/workplace etc irl, the first thing you do is telling your name to everyone! At least in my country that's the habit!

Telling your name to your local community is one thing, telling it to everyone on earth is something else.

And moreover Internet never forgets, even in several years what you post on the web can be recovered.

Protect you private life if you don't want one day your boss telling you should better work rather than spending too much time racing online...

Of course if it'll happen that I'll have such an idiot boss who tells me what should I do in my free time, I can easily say it's another Péter Bártfai.:) (or tell him how great thing it is and try it for himself)

Edit: BTW, "telling it to everyone on Earth": if I say RaceDepartment anywhere around me irl, most people will think I'm cursing:D

Mate you are the first people I see on these forums who say this is a crap rule, while I'm here since 2 years.
Actually I said crap combos, just because the servers I’ve seen running aren’t very appealing. Take a look at what RSR/GPC run (which btw are exclusively nKPro). Another thing that probably attracts people to those leagues is that they often run beta tracks, which’s a really good way of finding bugs before public releases, which benefit’s the whole community and of course those who are able to experience the latest circuits first.

from RSR, such it embeds GPCOS page, I can see your driver's detail and kunos license with your full name exactly like happen here at RD, so where is the difference to us ?
I thought of that before uploading it to GPCOS, and was going to use another unlock but didn’t want to lose all my stats :p (at least I can remove the licence file at anytime though).

Telling your name to your local community is one thing, telling it to everyone on earth is something else.
Apparently they used to accept nicknames here too, but real ones help with bonding. Anyway I’m not against using real names, but displaying full name/age/location info’s a bit too risky.

Of course if it'll happen that I'll have such an idiot boss who tells me what should I do in my free time, I can easily say it's another Péter Bártfai.
Well that’s the reason I’m uneasy about sharing personal info’, as currently there’s one person on Facebook with my name, and it’s not me and I’m the only one I know of in the country with my name (and none of the free email addresses are taken either).

P.S. RaceDepartment sounds like a band, or one of those annoying street dance groups :)

I am very impressed with FVA 2010, and I now have it working with Nvidia's stereoscopic surround view (3D on three 24" displays). And the sound the creator has made for this program is incredible... We have a special sound system on our F1 simulator that whith this software makes you feel like you're in the real thing for sure.

On thing we're trying to find out is if there is a way to adjust the FOV or bring the cockpit in closer. We also have a slight problem with the track scenery "popping up"... no matter whether we're in 3D, surroundview, lo graphics settings, etc., - Anyyone else have this issue? Is there a tweak to solve the pop-up issue that can be recommended?

On thing we're trying to find out is if there is a way to adjust the FOV or bring the cockpit in closer. We also have a slight problem with the track scenery "popping up"... no matter whether we're in 3D, surroundview, lo graphics settings, etc., - Anyyone else have this issue? Is there a tweak to solve the pop-up issue that can be recommended?
Does this help? Dunno about your other issue, you could try editing the video cfg, I'm not sure which one's the loading distance though (maybe LODPOLICY)?

Thanks CAR, by starting with Chadsmith's idea, I solved both issues at the same time by going into the C:\fva\content\system\fva and changing the ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION line from 1.0 to 0.76... I'm sure not as good of a way to solve the diving view as if the creators hd given us a FOV adjust, but it looks a lot better to me at least... the front wheels don't look like they're 10 ft. away, and for some reason doing this fixed the track object pop-ups... At least I think that's what fixed the pop-ups... Not completely sure because I tweaked a few of my Nvidia graphics settings as well, but I doubt any of them had anything to do with the pop-up issue. So now I have this F1 beast running in Nvidia's stereoscopic surroundview and it's fantastic!

One other thing, I changed the FF setting in the same fva file to "1" for hardmode, an the FF feels even better to me. It was originally at "0".

One other thing, I changed the FF setting in the same fva file to "1" for hardmode, an the FF feels even better to me. It was originally at "0".
Welcome to the club, hard mode with the F1800 (in nKPro) just feels brilliant. Here’s a bit from the manual:
Jaap in his v1.03 Manual said:
netKar PRO has a special force feedback setting called ‘Hardmode’. This mode is
using an algorithm directly applied from technology used in the highest forms of
racing, where the steering is sort of ‘boosted’ at low torques values.

Download glovepie run in background with the following script. Works with any sim/proram that uses trackIr

if (var.init=false) then
var.defp = FakeTrackIR.pitch
var.defx = FakeTrackIR.x
var.defy = FakeTrackIR.y
var.defz = FakeTrackIR.z
var.init=true
endif

if pressed(Insert) then
FakeTrackIR.y += 0.003 // up
elseif pressed(Delete) then
FakeTrackIR.y -= 0.003 // down
elseif pressed(Home) then
FakeTrackIR.x += 0.003 // right
elseif pressed(End) then
FakeTrackIR.x -= 0.003 // left
elseif pressed(u) then
FakeTrackIR.pitch += 1 // pitch +
elseif pressed(i) then
FakeTrackIR.pitch -= 1 // pitch -
elseif pressed((PageUp)) then
FakeTrackIR.z += 0.003 // forward
elseif pressed((PageDown)) then
FakeTrackIR.z -= 0.003 // back
elseif pressed((Enter)) then // reset to default
FakeTrackIR.z = var.defz
FakeTrackIR.y = var.defy
FakeTrackIR.x = var.defx
endif

I tried the 1.1 demo the other day and bought the game after 15 minutes! I must say this is the most natural feeling sim I've played. The force feedback and sound combined give me a fantastic feel for what the car is doing and for when I'm approaching the limits. I wasn't even much of an open wheeler fan, I will now be doing plenty of open wheel racing :) Can't wait for more cars and tracks to be added.

While the scenery detail is a bit sparse, the track detail in the included tracks is fantastic! I hope this game grows in popularity with FVA's success because it deserves a lot of attention imo. I'm in Aus so am pretty restricted when racing in leagues etc due to time difference, but once I'm up to speed and driving decent and consistent laps I'll jump into the online races.

Amazing work by such a small team, I really think more people need to get into this game!

I'm in Aus so am pretty restricted when racing in leagues etc due to time difference, but once I'm up to speed and driving decent and consistent laps I'll jump into the online races.

Amazing work by such a small team, I really think more people need to get into this game!

Hiya Bob, welcome to nKPro.
The time difference in OZ can be a real bummer for sure with nKPro races at the moment, but RD have some other league/Club races which are structured time wise for us Aussies to be able to take part in. So if you have any of these titles, Race On, Race 07, GTR-Evo or rFactor there are plenty of events to choose from m8.

Anyway its good to see another "Aussie" here, who's into nKPro, Tell ya mates about it :). And stay tuned as there should be some good news for us Aussie's from RD in the near future.

Ozy Ozy Ozy, Oi Oi Oi.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years