F1 2010 Advice Please - Pit Strategy

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

I've joined a racing league and tonight is my first race. It's at Istanbul and is a 50% race with qualifying. With the race being 50% (29 laps I think), was just wondering if anyone one here does customises their pit strategy or just stick with the default? Being 29 laps, would you stop twice or just once?

Would really appreciate help and advice with this :)

cheers.

You should make it with one stop. 8-9 laps on (worn from Quali) Options and 20 on primes.
When you pit will determined by unpredictable tactical events in the race like in real F1.
EG If you are held up and cant pass and tyres are worn may as well pit.
If your car is handling well on Yellow tytes and you are building a gap may as well do another lap or two.
If you have great speed vs the other racers you might even quali and start on primes.
So as you can see there is no one solution in advance.
Remember you can ignore the signal to pit (red spoiler) and just keep driving. But if you you plan to pit earlier than the race plan then you need to notify the crew. So might as well book an early stop and ignore if needed. Ensure when on the pit limiter you re- select the right tyre if coming in early.

Thanks for the advice mate - appreciate it.

I ended up coming 8th out of 9 :( I was way off the pace!!! Our next one is Thursday next week and is Shanghai. Hopefully I can make some big improvements and actually be competitive - don't like my chances!! Shanghai will be a 70% race - so maybe 2 to 3 stops then??

thanks.

Well the result doesnt matter too much, you will get faster and faster and learn. Multiplayer is huge fun.
Grand Prix mode is a good practice /setup arena. We think the Multiplayer car is same as Redbull in GP mode.
Regarding stops: In 70% dist the tyres will last longer. As with a 100% race they last twice as long as in 50%. So strategy can be the same in theory but more stuff happens (Damaged wings, wet weather etc) that make it more interesting and impact strategy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 14.0%