FM7 Advanced Controller Settings

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Advanced Controller Settings are found within "Controller Options" and selecting the "Advance" option (press F or click Advance).

I found the demo to be unplayable at default values, and I've seen a lot of complaints and gameplay videos with people using said defaults!

So please share your findings so we can all get the most out of our wheels and the game!

Official Threads: FFB, IS IT FIXED? UP: NOPE. STILL BROKE.

Copy & Past Shorthand

Wheel Peripheral:
Steering:
Vibration:
FFB:
Sensitivity:
Linearity:
Understeer:
Min Force:
Damper:
Center:

Wheel Adjustments

Steering

Range: Super Easy, Assisted, Normal or Simulation (found in the Assists section for the Event)
Default: Normal
Recommendation: Normal (provides more natural feel, however, power oversteering is more difficult and there is front end understeering via TheBlue028)
Description: Full explanations not yet available within demo.

Vibration Scale

Range: 0 - 100
Default: 100
Description: "This sets the vibration intensity"

Force Feedback Scale
Recommendation: 75 or less (use this setting to reduce FFB clipping via TheBlue028)
In-Game Description: "This sets the overall level of Force Feedback strength on your steering wheel"

Steering Sensitivity
Description: "This Sets how sensitive the car's steering is to the movement of your steering wheel"

Steering Linearity
Default: 50
Description: "This sets the mapping between input and steering. Lower values provide more accuracy near the center but less accuracy near full lock. Higher values provide more accuracy..."

Force Feedback Understeer
Range: 5 - 200
Recommendation: As close to 0 as allowed (improves aligning feedback via TheBlue028)
Description: "This sets the weighting of the understeer Force Feedback on your steering wheel"

Force Feedback Mininum Force
Range: 80 - 150
Description: "This sets the minimum amount of Force Feedback near the steering wheel centre position"

Wheel Damper Scale
Description: "This sets the resistance to movement of your steering wheel."

Center Spring Scale
Description: "This sets the centering force of your steering wheel"

Last edited:
Deadzone Adjustments
Steering Axis Deadzone Inside
Range: 0 - 80
Default: 1
Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for steering. The larger this deadzone, the more the steering will need to be moved before the car begins to turn."

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside
Range: 20 - 100
Default: 95
Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for steering. The larger this deadzone, the less the steering will need to be moved for the car to turn as sharply as possible."

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside

Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for the throttle. The larger this deadzone, the more the throttle will need to be pressed before the care begins to accelerate."

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside
Description: "This sets the size of the outter deadzone for the throttle. The larger this deadzone, the less the throttle will need to be pressed for the car to accelerate as fast as possible"

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside
Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for the brake. The larger this deadzone, the more the brake will need to be pressed before the car begins to brake."

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside
Description: "This sets the size of the outer deadzone for the brake. The larger this deadzone, the less the brake will need to be pressed for the car to brake as sharply as possible."

Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside
Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for the clutch. The larger this deadzone, the more the clutch will need to be pressed before the clutch begins to disengage."

Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside
Description: "This sets the size of the outer deadzone for the clutch. The larger this deadzone, the less the clutch will need to be pressed for the clutch to be fully engaged."

Handbrake Axis Deadzone Inside
Range: 0 - 0
Description: "This sets the size of the inner deadzone for the E-brake. The larger this deadzone, the more the E-brake will need to be pressed before the E-brake begins to engage."

Handbrake Axis Deadzone Outside
Range: 999,999,999 - 999,999,999
Description: "This sets the size of the outer deadzone for the E-brake. The larger this deadzone, the less the E-brake will need to be pressed for the E-brake to be fully engaged."

Last edited:
Example Setups:

ZeTaX88 via Forza Forum
"After 12 hours of playtime and endless tweeking of controllers..."
Wheel Peripheral: Thrustmaster T300 and TH8A Shifter
Vibration: 100
FFB: 100
Sensitivity:100
Linearity: 50
Understeer: 200
Min Force: 130
Damper: 0
Center: 0

Mark Races via Forza Forum "these are the best settings I've found so far"
Wheel Peripheral: Thrustmaster TX458
Vibration: 55
FFB: 65
Sensitivity:100?
Linearity: 40
Understeer: 140
Min Force: 120

GURK3NS3PP via Forza Forum "no noise, drives acceptable" and shares Fanatec wheel settings
Wheel Peripheral: Fanatec CSL Elite
Vibration: 100?
Sensitivity: 540?
Understeer: 0
Min Force: 80

Soldier2DEnd via Forza Forum "This is at least to me pretty bearable. It's starting to feel like Assetto Corsa's little brother."
Wheel Peripheral: Logitech G25
Vibration: 20~35
Sensitivity: 100
Understeer: 170

PUPS15 via Forza Forum "This setup is loose in the middle of wheel but allows control under braking and through corner entry"
Wheel Peripheral: Logitech G920
Vibration: 20
FFB: 65
Sensitivity: 90
Linearity: 40
Understeer: 170
Center: 5

Last edited:
For the PC sims like rF2, AC, AMS, etc. the sim set the steering lock based on the IRL car. I don't know if Forza does the same as for the console there's a lock option in the setup, on the PC there isn't. After I set the lock to 540 in the Thrustmaster control panel "some" of the wheel problems I was having with FM7 have improved.
I haven't had much time to determine if my settings can be improved more but compared to my initial FM7 race car control is better, not great by any means. Initially I had a huge dead zone and 900 degrees didn't help with catching the back end. At least now I can use my wheel.

Note, the Porsche is still a handful, the backend is always ready to come around if not careful.

Wheel: Thrustmaster TX

TM Control Panel:
Rotation: 540
Strength: 75
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 0

Game:
Vibration: 100
FFB: 90
Sensitivity: 50
Understeer: 100
Min Force: 125

All assists OFF
Steering: NORMAL (hard to catch slides with simulation)

At first with default settings, the demo was unplayable for me. After much tweaking and more tweaking, I have something that actually feels enjoyable.

PC: i7 6800k, nVidia 1070 8GB, 16GB RAM

Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport V2 with BMW GT rim and latest drivers and firmware installed.
Pedals: ECCI Trackstar 6000 Standalone USB 3 pedal unit with Stage 3 race brake upgrade. Connected directly to PC by USB.
Shifter: Thrustmaster TH8RS connected to wheel with Basherboards SFA1 Shifter Adapter. (But I have only used the paddles so far in the demo)

On wheel settings:
Sen 900
FF 100
Sho 100
AbS OFF
drl OFF
For 100
SPr OFF
dPr 050 (The game has a horrible FFB deadzone around the center of steering and this gives some resistance)

Advanced Controller Options
Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 95
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 5
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 90 (because of the way my pedals work, I need this deadzone to get full throttle use)
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 5
Decelaration Axis Deadzone Outside: 69 (my brake is extremely stiff, so I need this to be able to stop)
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 5
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 90
Handbrake Axis Deadzone Inside: 0 (I don't use the handbrake)
Handbrake Axis Deadzone Outside: 999,999,999
Vibration Scale: 22 (gives me just enough feel for bumps without overpowering the FFB)
Force Feedback Scale: 35 (the FFB kicks in abruptly, so this helps to keep it smoother)
Steering Sensitivity: 100
Steering Linearity: 50
Force Feedback Understeer: 5 (as low as it will go)
Force Feedback Minimum Force: 140 (helps to give some feeling around the center)
Wheel Damper Scale: 30 (helps to give some weight to the wheel around center)
Center Spring Scale: 0

Assists
Suggested Line: BRAKING ONLY (mainly for the Dubai track which I am still learning. This will be turned off later)
Braking: ABS ON
Steering: SIMULATION (I was able to run fine with the truck and Nissan, but the Porsche felt better with NORMAL steering)
Traction Control: ON
Stability Control: OFF for truck and Nissan, ON for the Porsche
Shifting: MANUAL (I use paddle shifters on my wheel)
Damage, Fuel, & Tire Wear: COSMETIC (Hey, its just a demo)
Rewind: ON
Friction Assist: ON

G920 with GTEYE mod.
Wheel Peripheral: G920
UPDATED after March 2019 update:
Vibe 15
FFB 95
AT 135
MT 106
PT 166
RF 128
WD 0