Administration web dedicated server

Hello, I installed the RaceRoom dedicated server application on my dedicated server, I created the "access" file in the same folder, I opened tcp and udp ports required by the game, and the 3 servers its accessible game well and we just join them to play together.
Locally he asks me my ID and password, but I am unable to connect to remotely with a web page in my server. I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 on my dedicated server from my side and I am using Windows 7. I always default "waiting time exceeded". I tried with Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer ... Is there another port to open for remote access? To connect to it I use this address: http: //xx.xx.81.xx: 8088 /, but no response from the server. For information, I did not go through a router.

Thank you to enlighten me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

En français :

Bonjour, j'ai installé l'application raceroom dedicated server sur mon serveur dédié, j'ai créé le fichier "access" dans le même dossier, j'ai ouvert les ports udp et tcp demandé par le jeu, et les 3 serveurs de jeu son bien accessible, et on peu les rejoindre pour jouer ensemble.
En local il me demande bien mon identifiant et mon mot de passe , mais je ne parviens pas à me connecter à distance avec une page web à mon serveur. J'utilise Windows Server 2008 R2 sur mon serveur dédié, et moi de mon côté j'utilise Windows 7. J'ai toujours le défaut "délais d'attente dépassé" . J'ai essayé avec Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer ... Y a t'il un autre port à ouvrir pour accéder à distance ? Pour m'y connecter j'utilise cette adresse : http://xx.xx.81.xx:8088/ , mais pas de réponse du serveur. Pour information, je ne passe pas par un routeur.

Merci de m'éclairer.

Hi mate,
Sorry, this is not really an area of expertise for me.. have you tried posting this issue on the Sector 3 forums? That might be a good place to check first.. please let us know how you get on and if you manage to solve your issue,

Sorry cant be of more help fella,
Cheers,
Paul

Paul thank you for the reply, I have already posted on the forum Sector3, but I have no answer.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/administration-web-dedicated-server.2771/

Meanwhile I found the solution :

It's good I found, I created 2 inbound rules in the firewall, 1 1 TCP UDP 8088 and 8088. Everything is in order, we just administer our remote servers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
En français :

C'est bon j'ai trouvé, j'ai créé 2 règles de trafic entrant dans le parefeu, 1 UDP 8088 et 1 TCP 8088. Tout est en ordre, on peu administrer nos serveurs à distance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Stéphane

Thanks for replying Stéphane, hopefully this advice could help others in a similar position too...
To be honest, I'm not in the least technical.. what you posted above in English makes as much sense to me as what you posted in French :roflmao::D:D

Most important is you managed to resolve your issue, so that is good news and I'm really glad you got it sorted mate...:thumbsup:
Hope you have some great races now, and don't forget, if you want to join in with us here on RD to do some nice club races then feel free to go premium and do some racing with us :D !

Thanks again.. Regards,

Paul

Hello all,

Does anyone of you makes use of log files .json or .xml ? I do not understand how save these files in xml format, or what to put in the path. Is an administrator of your site are likely familiar with the Windows server ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous,

Est ce que quelqu'un d'entre vous se sert des fichiers log en .json ou .xml ? Je ne comprend pas comment enregistrer ces fichiers en format xml, ni quoi mettre en chemin d'accès. Est ce qu'un administrateur de votre site est familié avec les serveur windows ?

Hi @Beaware

Had the below from a colleague, hope it helps:

"The format is JSON.

It doesn't give a a whole lot of information, just name, car, best lap, and finish position If I remember right. To read them, virtually any programming language will do the job, or simply open in notepad, it's very easy to read.

To save the files works just like downloading any other file in a browser. Point your browser at the local server where you setup events, click the log file you want and it will download as any other file would."

Cheers fella :thumbsup:

I know very old thread, but my dedicated server just uploaded JSON race results, but when i click on file all i see is below, is that it, or is there meant to be a program that shows it properly, as it looks all mumbled and even times not right etc.

{"Server":"Daytrader's Practice Server","Time":"\/Date(1494532523436)\/","Experience":"RaceRoom Experience","Difficulty":"GetReal","FuelUsage":"Off","TireWear":"Off","MechanicalDamage":"Off","FlagRules":"All","CutRules":"Off","WreckerPrevention":"Off","MandatoryPitstop":"Off","Track":"Anderstorp","TrackLayout":"South","Sessions":[{"Type":"Practice","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":-1000,"TotalTime":-1,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[]}]},{"Type":"Qualify","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":57015,"TotalTime":-1,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":-1000,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":57395,"TotalTime":310755,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":115278,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":57395,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":138080,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race2","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":108925,"TotalTime":304362,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":195436,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":108925,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race3","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":61938,"TotalTime":306067,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":61938,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":244129,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]}]}

I know very old thread, but my dedicated server just uploaded JSON race results, but when i click on file all i see is below, is that it, or is there meant to be a program that shows it properly, as it looks all mumbled and even times not right etc.

{"Server":"Daytrader's Practice Server","Time":"\/Date(1494532523436)\/","Experience":"RaceRoom Experience","Difficulty":"GetReal","FuelUsage":"Off","TireWear":"Off","MechanicalDamage":"Off","FlagRules":"All","CutRules":"Off","WreckerPrevention":"Off","MandatoryPitstop":"Off","Track":"Anderstorp","TrackLayout":"South","Sessions":[{"Type":"Practice","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":-1000,"TotalTime":-1,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[]}]},{"Type":"Qualify","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":57015,"TotalTime":-1,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":-1000,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":57395,"TotalTime":310755,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":115278,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":57395,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":138080,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race2","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":108925,"TotalTime":304362,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":195436,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":108925,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]},{"Type":"Race3","Players":[{"FullName":"Chris Sercombe","Username":"Daytrader","Car":"Audi TT cup 2015","Position":1,"BestLapTime":61938,"TotalTime":306067,"FinishStatus":"Finished","RaceSessionLaps":[{"Time":61938,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false},{"Time":244129,"Position":1,"PitStopOccured":false}]}]}]}
Try here http://simresults.net/

It is written in the technical instructions:

Just ceate a new file calles "access" (no extension) besides the DedicatedSedrver.exe.
Fill it with Username:assword (removed the 'p' from 'password' to prevent smilies)that should have access to the server UI:
username:assword
username2:assword3
username:3:assword3

Make sure, the port 8088 TCP is not blocked by the firewall.
For use from the outside tkae care of dxynamic DNS and ceate a port-forwarding of Port 8088 to Your server-PC

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years