Adelaide Street Circuit

Thought I'd kick off in this forum with a project myself and a couple of others have been working on, and that is bringing an accurate and legal modern layout Adelaide Street Circuit to rFactor. Mainly to be used in World V8 Supercars, it will also be released publicly.

My modding skills extend no further than being able to update and improve, but this has been the biggest task I have undertaken to date and have been working on it for around a month now.

Flaux has done great work on the advertisement textures and improving the AIW lines while pycat has done some superb cams.

Started out with the ORSM Adelaide, first created for SCGT by Ilidio de Souza and then converted to F1C by Stuart Griffiths. That track has then been converted to rFactor, but as you can see from the comparison shots below it needed plenty of work. Track shown in the bottom half is vesion 0.95 of the work being done so far.

adecomp2.jpg adecomp.jpg adecomp3.jpg

A few things still need fixing/adding - crowds, some ads, tree texture, camera flashes, road markings, loading screen/thmb, refined AIW fast path, brakemarkers, tree transparencies and some TDF tweaking, along with other little tweaks. But should be done in the next few days.

Here's a video of v0.88 (quite a bit has changed since):

Looking forward to this Ryan.. your work is much appreciated, looking forward to the rest of the Aussie tracks being brought up to this standard including poor old Sandown.

Good work..

The problem with the Adelaide circuit in question is it is inaccurate, corners are wrong elevation is way out etc, etc, rather than changing visuals I would of put my time into fixing what is actually wrong technically with the track.

All creds to you for your Work though !

Hey Mate, images look great, ive had trouble installing tho, its says te command line is missing in 7 zip and winrar wnt open it :( can you host it somewhere else like megaupload or something? Cheers, looking forward to this one!

Seeing the track was made by a previous ex-ORSM member 5-6years ago. I think ryan has done a top job, at upgrading the graphic side of track, as he didn't have access to the source files to go changing the physical track.

Abit like ADN converting Forza V8s to rFactor. And not having access to the microsoft source files.:rolleyes::tongue::D

All in all better then that crappy highly inaccurate codies version.

think its a great track, well done ryan, and every time we get rid of a codemasters track the better.

@P510 - easy there mate don't want to wake the lions. Shouldn't really be having a go like that.

After doing another handful of laps. Just wish ryan could of changed the first chicane as its abit too tight. Just needs to be pushed back 2metres towards turn 2. Or the degrees of the first turn ingame is 90deg, where its needed to be about 50-60.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back