1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Misc Adelaide AI Improvement 1.1

Improved AI lines for the Adelaide track by Tewie and Rainmaker

1. Michael Blakeman

Michael Blakeman

Ratings:
    +7
    Michael Blakeman submitted a new resource:

Adelaide AI Improvement - Improved AI lines for the Adelaide track by Tewie and Rainmaker

Read more about this resource...

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +176
    Sadly, I stumbled into more issues while trying more cars:

- Fiat Abarth AC / EsseEsse / Alfa Romeo GTA / Caterham Academy / Audi S1 and some others did not work at all. At the start, they were very slow, just snaking from left to right, then drove normal for about 100 meters, then started snaking again, at low speeds.

Back to the Lotus 3/11 and 2/11, no issues other than taking the curbs too optimistic.
    Replaced the new AI by the old AI and all issues in named cars were gone... very strange.

I also had a game crash and warning from content manager when the game crashed while trying to enter with the Caterham Academy: Game crashed : default tyres index might be wrong.
    Never had this before and I use the Cat almost daily, not sure if it is related though, could be coincidence ?

Hope this helps ...

Edit: the Cat works fine on other mod and vanilla tracks and also on Adelaide with the 'old' AI.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  3. Michael Blakeman

Michael Blakeman

Ratings:
    +7
    Michael Blakeman updated Adelaide AI Improvement with a new update entry:

Faster

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +176
  5. Michael Blakeman

Michael Blakeman

Ratings:
    +7
    The only things my mod changes is the main racing line for the AI. I haven't been able to reproduce the snaking issue you're having at my end. I've done a bunch of 15 lap races using the Audi S1 and haven't had any issues, even running at max difficulty and aggression, weird.

Its possible the outside boundaries I wrote for the AI aren't baking into the fast line file properly. You can help test this by running the Kunos AI app and looking at where the red lines show up. They should be the outside boundaries.

There isn't any way this mod could interfere with your Caterham academy, perhaps it was a recent Kunos update that broke the mod car?

6. Michael Blakeman

Michael Blakeman

Ratings:
    +7
    Also, for those interested, I've added a video of a before and after hotlap by the AI so you can see the improvements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +176
    Problem solved !
    No idea what happened, but I deleted the track and redownloaded/installed, together with your AI mod.
    All works fine with all tested cars...:cool:
    (Had to add the tag "circuit" to the track UI though).

Regarding the Caterham. That is fixed too, Content Manager did that for me. All is well now... :)
    Thanks for thinking along.

8. Michael Blakeman

Michael Blakeman

Ratings:
    +7
    Great to hear man, happy racing :)

• Like Like x 1