Adding skins

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
I can't seem to get skins I've downloaded to show in the car selection pages. I've placed the files in the correct folders using the correct format according to isi but nothing extra shows up!?
I've added 2 Clio skins but just the regular car are available. What the hell am I doing wrong?

So, I assume you have the .dds file, which has a name with ALT in it?
Did you place it in the SETTINGS folder in the userdata?

If so, do the following.
Look at the name of the DDS file. It should contain the car number for which this is meant to be an ALTernative skin.
Now start the game, and look for that number car.
Click on the TUNING button
On the bottom you can click on the arrows, to select the ALT skin, or the original one.

You you have issues finding the buttons, I will make some screenshots for you.

So, I assume you have the .dds file, which has a name with ALT in it?
Did you place it in the SETTINGS folder in the userdata?

If so, do the following.
Look at the name of the DDS file. It should contain the car number for which this is meant to be an ALTernative skin.
Now start the game, and look for that number car.
Click on the TUNING button
On the bottom you can click on the arrows, to select the ALT skin, or the original one.

You you have issues finding the buttons, I will make some screenshots for you.
Ah, thanks Marco. It never mentioned that last bit on isi pages. They are there :) although when I click the back button it shows the regular no.13 Clio rather than the Alt one??? The alt one is showing in the race but not just on my car. The AI car that is obviously using no.13 also shows the Alt skin, is this correct?

Yes, it is. I believe it sets the ALT skin for all the cars with that number indeed. In the showroom, you can make a screenshot if wanted, by going into the tuning section, select the ALT skin, and press the ENTER key to go full screen.
Hitting the back button presents the regular car again, but going in game selects the custom skin.

I am not very fond of the way custom skins are handled with rfactor2. Only way it works to my likings, is when I make a complete skinpack, which in fact is a total seperate mod, which means I cant use it in a regular online race.
So to me, the system is still not working nice, but it's something. At least we can drive around with custom skins now.

We also noticed a lot of issues with uploading the custom skins via the online server. Up till now, we have not got it to work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back