1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Adaptive AI in GSCE?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Msportdan, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Is there a similar setting in GSce. Where the AI can adapt to your speed?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

There is a setting for this, in the PLR file, however we disabled it by default as we felt it provides an inferior experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

ah i see. Can we still tweak ai speed in qual vs race in the track gdbs then?

cheers

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

I believe some work was done for that in the last patch, but I'm not sure as to exactly how it works. I'll ask about.

5. It's in the AIW file for the track. Add the line "RaceQualRatio=1.00". Increasing the number makes the AI faster in quali, decreasing it makes them slower. I've been finding that it varies from 1.01-1.05 when I tune it.

6. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

What ai limiter setting you use Andrew?

7. I haven't changed anything other than RaceQualRatio, other than setting the strength in the GUI (around 100-103%).

8. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I have been meaning to ask you guys this question for a long time: Is there a way to spread out the qualifying and race times more among the AI?

Essentially, the problem I have is that let's say I set the AI at 95. Initially, I'll be a second or so slower (depending on the car) and I get closer and closer until suddenly I am in P1. That forces me to fine tune the AI for each car/track combo quite painstakingly, while I'd be pretty happy having different groups of cars, let's call them fast, medium, slow, superslow where I can get a fun SP experience without having to constantly mess with the AI.

I agree with you that adaptive AI is as dumb or dumber than what we have. In the R3E game, I imagined that the AI would adapt to your speed during a race, giving you a good race. Instead, I'll do some races where the same track/car combo is slower than I am by 3 seconds, then the next time out they are all, every single caar, 1/2 second faster than me. Adaptive my ass.

I have checked real qualification and race results for the Stock cars and F3 and there can be as much as 4 or 5 seconds a lap different between pole and the guys at the back. That would replicate RL quite handily if I could have an AI that had that spread. I don't care if I don't win. It's a frigging robot anyway. I care about being able to continue racing even if I spin the car or I am much slower than the leaders.

9. One simple change you can try is to edit the line in track AIW file:

AIRange=(0.1)
    Try making it 0.5 and you should see the field spread more. Don't forget, you do also need a reasonable set of talent files as well to create further separation and to get consistency from race to race.

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

AI Range is correct, also there is that in the car physics too I think, but you don't have access to that