1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ad sky to track

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by moritz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    i'm trying to build a tracy with BTB, which world quite well, except that the track doesn't have a sky.
    Any idea how i can ad a sky?
    Running Racer v 0.8.37
    cheers

2. Check out other tracks and find texture "sky.tga". copy and paste to your track, and add a shader.

3. I took sky.dof and sky.tga from carlswood and copied it to my track. Added some code to track.shd but nothing changed.
    Code:
    vf_sky
    {
      vertex_shader
      {
        ;file=sky_daynight_v.cg
        file=sky_v.cg
      }
      fragment_shader
      {
        ;file=sky_daynight_f.cg
        file=sky_f.cg
      }
    }

shader_sky~vf_sky
    {
      sky=1
      cull=none
      layer0
      {
        map=sky_clouds.tga
        depthwrite=0
        depthfunc=always
      }
      layer1
      {
        map=sky_night.tga
        depthwrite=0
        depthfunc=always
      }

4. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

It also needs to go in geometry.ini of course. Carlswood just has
    Code:
    sky01
    {
      file=sky.dof
      flags=0
    }
    There's a flag for having the skybox move around with the player, but for small tracks this is adequate.

5. Awesome, thanks a lot. finally its usable.
    However, the sky is really bright. Can you tell me if I can change this? or is it just changing the sky.tga?
    thanks a lot for the help.

6. when you're ingame, enter 'edit tod' which means Time Of Day, a relative new feature. From there, you can tweak each TOD point & get the brightness value as you intend.

There's also sunny = 0 - 10 or clouds = 0 - 3, just choose a value from the range I've indicated.
    Last thing, the range of sky values was re-normalized to 0-1 range along with other variables, so keep an eye on it & compare older special.inis to newer ones, to get the big picture !

Make sure you read racer.nl, it's full of info...

7. Thanks for the help so far.
    After I add the sky on a computer with nvidia graphics (nvidia geforce 8600 gts) the track and all objects turn dark. The sky can be seen and when I turn on headlights i can see some objects.
    Don't have the problem on a friends computer with ati graphics (ATI Radeon 4800).
    Any suggestions on how to "turn on tthe light"?

8. Change your sky shader

9. Sorry but I'm not very experienced with this.
    What exactly do I have to change?