1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activation Issue

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by neilski3, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I am struggling with activating the Rfactor program. I have read a few past forum details for help and see that I should delete the Trymedia License but I can't find it...... I have ticked 'show all hidden folders' , still can't find it. I am using windows 7 and would like some help on this as it is very frustrating especially as I set it up on another PC (windows 7) no problem...... Can someone please help!
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Have you bought rFactor?
  3. Yes I have. Set it up ok on another PC using windows 7, then followed instructions in using the option to put on another PC....
  4. when the trymedia page comes up, look to the lower right hand corner of the window, there is a small blue link you need to click (hard to see).

Click it and follow instructions, you will need your key to hand.
  5. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying this, but I've never had to screw around with trymedia and activations. The DVD version requires no cd key and the no-dvd exe also unlocks the download version. For convenience I use rfactor lite and just copy the no-dvd exe right to the rfactor lite folder and its unlocked.
  6. Trymedia folder on my windows 7 system in C:\ProgramData. It is a hidden folder so unhide first.

I always keep a copy of this folder very safe and if i do need to completley reinstall i get the game upto 1255 then copy the Trymedia folder back to its original location and i dont have to go through the activation process.