Action Plan.. who's in?

remember way way back when piddy said he would be away for a while because he had a job and needed the cash..? well i think he at least owes this community a post after nearly 2 years!
i paid for BTB.. i did what i could to support the developer!

i use this tool a lot.. and i mean a lot, i even understand the need to for piddy to get a day job, but come on the current build is not stable due to the licence issues.

if piddy is to abandon this project he should at the very least release a patch to remove the current DRM, leaving people who have paid for the software free to use it, not a lot to ask, hey?

the BTB web site is due to expire in September we as a community need an action plan for piddy to do one of the following..

1. release a patch to remove the DRM.
very little work programming wise, easy enough to do in a day.

2. release a patch to remove DRM and release the sourcecode so this project my continue.
at least then it might make it to version 1.0

3. update the community, release some sort of better DRM system, continue the project even if very slowly.

so how do we has a community do it?
well from my googling i think piddy is working for a bank, i found his linkdin page.
what we need to try first is for someone local to piddy to go to his house and ask him for an update.
if that fails we contact his at his job.
then if that fails we all join forces in court action. far fetch i know but i think we have grounds.

so who's in?? are you this communities hero?

"2. No part of this software, whether modified or not, may be distributed for any fee or charge whatsoever without the written permission of the copyright owner."

c7a28859.gif

"2. No part of this software, whether modified or not, may be distributed for any fee or charge whatsoever without the written permission of the copyright owner."

c7a28859.gif

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but that statement is made by the copyright owner applies to the person who is downloading the software and in my case it wouldn't apply as I am not distributing any of the software, just the product of the software foc.

Pete

And again? What damages have you suffered?

$75 (or what ever you paid).

Instead of barking like a little chihuahua, why not try a constructive approach?
RC you are DEAD wrong, it dont matter in no way shape or form, I pay'd for BTB and 3 months later i bought a new PC, I dont care what the EULA says, there should be a fix for anyone who buys a new PC or hard drive. I have been e-mailing him ANYWAY i can, and no reply!!! He took my $75 bucks and left me with a program i cant use till 03/01/2012 It dont matter how many times its been posted "not to do this" or "not to do that" I dont care how many months i chose- there still should be a fix for anyone for ANY issue with his product. the EULA can waded up and thrown out for all that matters, Its just good that you defend him by posting such comments, but the truth still remains- you pay for a product-you have an issue-you get NO HELP OR FIX!! I do believe there is a a LAW that trumps that EULA. What Dmgs have WE suffered?? yes WE! not just one person, how about CASH MONEY DOWN THE TOILET? that is enough for me to raise a little flag!!! you try it bro E-mail him and try to get an answer, then post it here i want to see it, what have you got to loose?? what Dmgs will you suffer?? If he is no longer supporting this product he should have taken it off his website a long time ago- BUT he still makes money off it,still taking and not giving.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but that statement is made by the copyright owner applies to the person who is downloading the software and in my case it wouldn't apply as I am not distributing any of the software, just the product of the software foc.

Pete
He's talking about the community releasing modifications of BTB. We can't charge for them without Brendon's permission, but we can give them for free.

Just an update... I've had no response whatsoever for Brendan and neither has my legal representation. Whether he has 'buried his head in the sand' and is waiting for all this to 'blow over' remains to be seen but...

I think this thread need to be closed now.

As we can see The boos will be back soon.

Just wanted to reply to what Eddieh has said I think you are really talking rubbish I find it hard to be leave that a Legal team cant find him when he is all over the internet. Please if you wish to be that way save for other sites.

We don't wish to sue any one the was started for finding out if we could keep BTB going with or without Brandon not to sue him.

Please remember that with out BTB most of us could not make tracks and there really are some awesome awesome tracks made with BTB. I know I am just at the start with it and yes I am finding things hard but there is lots of help here and I am getting better every day. I cant say the same thing from when I tried out track making in 3dsmax that is super hard.

So please keep it nice in here

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years