Physics ACFL vs RSS X EVO vs SIM Dream

I would like to ask you, what is the best car physics? I am using at the moment ACFL with injected RSS physics but the car doesn't seem very fast I can get only 307kmh maximum which seems unrealistic, I heard that rss physics is the most accurate but injecting ACFL for the car model with that resulted in this weird issue

RSS.

The issue you are describing is obviously due to a shoddy job of moving RSS physics to another mod. RSS car doesn't have that issue.

Also RSS are making a new 2022 F1 car.

You mean F1 2022 cars with proper 3d model? Or again a generic one?

Actually RSS feels underpowered too compared to the other two car mods, but what actually makes RSS better than the other two mods? Why is more realistic? Based on what?

Last edited:
ACFL feels so loose compared to other two. Rss has the best balance between them but car is somehow slower. Also it doesn't have new models so i'm not using it. I prefer ACFL over Sim Dream because with Sim Dream car doesn't want to turn and causes understeer a lot. But ACFL is drifting a lot too. I'm looking forward to RSS with all car models. Also in the visual side Sim Dream has the best 3d model and texture. ACFL paints are so rubber-ish. So after all ACFL has all new cars but models and textures are not so good and car is drifting. Sim Dream doesn't have all new cars, models and textures are good but it has a lot of understeer. Rss doesn't have any new model but physics are best in the these three except for the top speed issue.

ACFL feels so loose compared to other two. Rss has the best balance between them but car is somehow slower. Also it doesn't have new models so i'm not using it. I prefer ACFL over Sim Dream because with Sim Dream car doesn't want to turn and causes understeer a lot. But ACFL is drifting a lot too. I'm looking forward to RSS with all car models. Also in the visual side Sim Dream has the best 3d model and texture. ACFL paints are so rubber-ish. So after all ACFL has all new cars but models and textures are not so good and car is drifting. Sim Dream doesn't have all new cars, models and textures are good but it has a lot of understeer. Rss doesn't have any new model but physics are best in the these three except for the top speed issue.
Thank you for your explanation. Actually I personally prefer ACFL models over Sim Dream, especially Ferrari model, on SIM Dream the sidepods are too narrow and "shark" on sidepods is more accurate, with the new skins from reacedepartment also final color is much closer to real life. I also compared the W13 and the red bull and both look identical. So as 3d model I prefer ACFL. Now since the RSS evo physics looks better I injected ACFL with RSS EVO X 2022 physics, some people say that F1 2021 physics seems more accurate,on this I don't know as 2022 cars are different from 2021 so I don't know why people make such statement. I also Imported car sounds from Sim Dream for Ferrari from the latest 1.200 version which has the new engine sound from Ferrari. The downside of using RSS physics is indeed top speed, and this results in the impossibility to replicate real life pole times. I then tried to import the power.lut from sim dream to ACFL with RSS physics but this resulted in even lower speeds and don't know why. Very frustrating. Is there any other parameter that affects car performance rather than just the power.lut file? Would you then recommend to use Original ACFL physics? I noticed as well that sim Dream cars do not turn properly so as you said that is not ideal and also cars have mich more grip and don't know how really accurate is this compared to real cars.

I found a way to improve the Power of the car, I actually transferred the files engine.ini and drivetrain.ini from simdream data to ACFL with RSS but now the car is even too powerful, I reach 340+ km/h now. If I transfer the power.lut from sim Dream to RSS as well the car gets slow. I tried this in jeddah. Real life top speed was like 337 from the red bull so I am too fast now lol

I now used only the file engine.ini from Ferrari sim Dream with the power.lut and the drivetrain.ini from RSS and speed has slightly decreased now, on straight I got 338km/h which is very close to real life, not for Ferrari anyway, but to the real life red bull top speed, but doesn't matter as these cars don't have different performance per model.

Thank you for your explanation. Actually I personally prefer ACFL models over Sim Dream, especially Ferrari model, on SIM Dream the sidepods are too narrow and "shark" on sidepods is more accurate, with the new skins from reacedepartment also final color is much closer to real life. I also compared the W13 and the red bull and both look identical. So as 3d model I prefer ACFL. Now since the RSS evo physics looks better I injected ACFL with RSS EVO X 2022 physics, some people say that F1 2021 physics seems more accurate,on this I don't know as 2022 cars are different from 2021 so I don't know why people make such statement. I also Imported car sounds from Sim Dream for Ferrari from the latest 1.200 version which has the new engine sound from Ferrari. The downside of using RSS physics is indeed top speed, and this results in the impossibility to replicate real life pole times. I then tried to import the power.lut from sim dream to ACFL with RSS physics but this resulted in even lower speeds and don't know why. Very frustrating. Is there any other parameter that affects car performance rather than just the power.lut file? Would you then recommend to use Original ACFL physics? I noticed as well that sim Dream cars do not turn properly so as you said that is not ideal and also cars have mich more grip and don't know how really accurate is this compared to real cars.
I think the bad part about ACFL is the finishing material. Skin acts like there is no light hitting it. It's bright and accurate about color but sometimes light makes a surface look lighter.
This is ACFL. It's matte but doesn't look like light is hitting it.
20220408183229_1.jpg

This is Sim Dream. It reflects light like it normally should. Also i can see it's matte because the reflection of light is not sharp.
20220408183417_1.jpg

Also thanks for sharing performance info. Does that affected the cars behavior about grip and turning or just solved the top speed issue?

I think the bad part about ACFL is the finishing material. Skin acts like there is no light hitting it. It's bright and accurate about color but sometimes light makes a surface look lighter.
This is ACFL. It's matte but doesn't look like light is hitting it.
View attachment 556566
This is Sim Dream. It reflects light like it normally should. Also i can see it's matte because the reflection of light is not sharp.
View attachment 556568

Also thanks for sharing performance info. Does that affected the cars behavior about grip and turning or just solved the top speed issue?
Thank you for your comparison. Yes indeed SIM Dream model reflects light but I still think ACFL model is more realistic, this happens only for Ferrari. Look at the sidepods, in Sim Dream these are too narrow and the shark air holes are very bad. On ACFL are much closer to the real model I compared that yesterday. For the other cars ACFL looks identical to Sim Dream, actually ACFL has skin on the steering wheel for red bull which Sim Dream does not.

Regarding the power issue, with my solution definitely I solved the problem. Now cars seems to have the right performance, and drives almost the same, you need to be more careful giving gas as the higher traction now results in heavy spin if you do not adjust carefully. Try it yourself, I can assure you problem is solved, cars now behave correctly with the proper top speed and all the good from having RSS physics, probably you even have porpoising (I can feel it from the Force feedback of my steering wheel)

I wanted to update in this regard and just this morning I installed the new ACFL ver 1.1 mod and I must say that the physics is not bad at all. I prefer to the same cars injected with RSS, for me RSS is too much punitive when you Press on the throttle and even at high speed it seems to be too difficult to handle while F1 cars at higher speeds seem to be more efficient and have more grip, and I found ACFL physics to be closer to this, but I am not an expert. Also car performance seems to be correct and cars reach optimal speeds compared to real life cars. Have you tried the latest 1.1 ACFL?

I would like to ask you, what is the best car physics? I am using at the moment ACFL with injected RSS physics but the car doesn't seem very fast I can get only 307kmh maximum which seems unrealistic, I heard that rss physics is the most accurate but injecting ACFL for the car model with that resulted in this weird issue
how you have injected rss physic into acfl ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.