ACE Qualifying Cuts Rounds #1-8

This is some baby back bullshit, I mean come on man... For sure then these drivers didn't cut as it was lag (Satherley Q2 Germany is on the limit anyway with more than half the tyre off the track in the non-lag screenshot) then why do they get away with it?

I had lag where I didn't even touch Patel in Germany and yet I got penalty points/blamed for both incidents despite providing my proof/evidence that I didn't do anything illegal but it was lag. Round 3 - China, Hoyer took out my rear wing and it was stated "Looked like lag or game bug" yet he didn't get a penalty.

Yes fair enough, mine are incidents whereas this topic is about qualifying cuts but if guys like Conti + Satherley didn't cut the track because of lag and receive no penalty, then why do I get penalties for not touching anyone, but the lag did instead? Seriously smh there...

Really I don't care about the penalty points that I got from Germany because I've done nothing else wrong all season, but the fact that I was determined as the one at fault and not the lag is just plain ridiculous. But in this topic lag is your best friend it seems. Either they get BOG's for this or my previous penalties have to be removed.

Last edited:
This is some baby back bullshit, I mean come on man... For sure then these drivers didn't cut as it was lag (Satherley Q2 Germany is on the limit anyway with more than half the tyre off the track in the non-lag screenshot) then why do they get away with it?

I had lag where I didn't even touch Patel in Germany and yet I got penalty points/blamed for both incidents despite providing my proof/evidence that I didn't do anything illegal but it was lag. Round 3 - China, Hoyer took out my rear wing and it was stated "Looked like lag or game bug" yet he didn't get a penalty.

Yes fair enough, mine are incidents whereas this topic is about qualifying cuts but if guys like Conti + Satherley didn't cut the track because of lag and receive no penalty, then why do I get penalties for not touching anyone, but the lag did instead? Seriously smh there...

Really I don't care about the penalty points that I got from Germany because I've done nothing else wrong all season, but the fact that I was determined as the one at fault and not the lag is just plain ridiculous. But in this topic lag is your best friend it seems. Either they get BOG's for this or my previous penalties have to be removed.

I think it was always said, that you`re free to show your client side replay to prove, the server replay had a lag moment. The client side replay have higher priority than the server replay.

I think it was always said, that you`re free to show your client side replay to prove, the server replay had a lag moment. The client side replay have higher priority than the server replay.

You're right but I think you missed that I mentioned in my post above I provided "proof/evidence" and took advantage of that freedom by posting a video (which I removed a few weeks ago) in the post here explaining what happened: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/race-7-germany-post-race-discussion.91541/#post-1789592

If whoever judged the incidents missed my video/post, then I'll be more than delighted to provide them again :)

Last edited:
I can totally understand that a cut is forgiven in qualify if its due to lag. When theres other cars involved it gets trickier. Im not sure its even fair for you to say that your contact with patel has been due to "rfactors poor netcode" or w/e. You gotta remember that you are driving from other side of the world. There is no netcode that works flawlessly with such pings. Dont take this personally, but i dont understand how fsr or other simracing leagues allow people to drive from other side of the world. It will never work and theres always going to be problems. In no other esports games / scenes would that be even considered. If fsr servers were based in Australia or US i wouldnt have ever even tried fsr.

... For sure then these drivers didn't cut as it was lag (Satherley Q2 Germany is on the limit anyway with more than half the tyre off the track in the non-lag screenshot) then why do they get away with it?
Not even sure what this means.
I remember China and its because it actually looked like lag or a bug from the replay. Yours did not and I did not see the video you posted.
Watching the rest of the lap, Conti's looked like lag. Satherly's was a bit different, advised from powers above mine.

If you know you have lag issues (and you do), then it is up to you to leave more room when battling others.

1.14 Collisions which are caused by LAG at the nonexistent point of the touch might be penalized the same way as collisions where LAG did not play a role at all. The Race Director has the ultimate say on this matter and makes the decisions in such situations.

When going two-wide through a bend, both drivers must give the other driver room for (a) their car (b) warping (connection lag) and (c) margin of error. In reality, this means that each driver must give the other driver a fair and sporting amount of space.

The last one I apply to being around other cars too, not just 2-wide.

I wouldn't go as far as banning everyone from other side of world as FSR is international league, but battling cars with 250 ms lag does require a different approach from both parties. I raced many years against Blair Disley and I wouldn't ever try going wheel-to-wheel close to him, too risky. The way Disley drove usually worked out for him because he took it very careful in starts, plus rF1 was a bit more forviging than rF2 with high pings.

@Ville Leppala @John-Eric Saxén

Yep as both Ville and I said it's a different + trickier situation when other cars are involved. But I have to disagree there, yes it's not perfect but I've raced wheel to wheel countless times almost perfectly fine this season with a high ping and that's why I've had no penalty points other than my lag incidents with Patel at Germany.

@Kris Cobb

First quote - My fault doesn't even make sense to me reading it now haha, but I was inferring and linking it to my next paragraph saying 'Why do they get away with having lag but I don't'.

Second quote - I can re-upload the video and message you the link to watch, but I'll only do it if it means you'll consider removing the penalties.

Last edited:
@Ville Leppala @John-Eric Saxén

Yep as both Ville and I said it's a different + trickier situation when other cars are involved. But I have to disagree there, yes it's not perfect but I've raced wheel to wheel countless times almost perfectly fine this season with a high ping and that's why I've had no penalty points other than my lag incidents with Patel at Germany.

@Kris Cobb

First quote - My fault doesn't even make sense to me reading it now haha, but I was inferring and linking it to my next paragraph saying 'Why do they get away with having lag but I don't'.

Second quote - I can re-upload the video and message you the link to watch, but I'll only do it if it means you'll consider removing the penalties.
No offense at all, but it's worth mentioning that you and Satherley have driven through us a few times due to your higher ping during the season. That time something weird must have happened and the game didn't let you drive through Mo and you two collided, that's all.

@Jonny Simon ofc you have raced wheel to wheel countless times, its not impossible. But it means, that there still will be some % of cases, in which lag will cause a collision. So you have to be carefull all the time, to prevent it completly

Its not your fault, but it is what it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back