ACE 1.2

It somehow works, but i don't know how well exactly.
Out of sight should be working on lower difficulties, simulated times I have no clue, as to how fast they really are.
Would be great, if you tested it :)
Cause I only use Legend.

The only reason why I want to make sure that its working properly is because I found Legend too hard using one of the bottom teams. I want to start a new career using one of the mentioned mods and I don't want to start it until I've found the sweet spot between the difficulties. I will test this further. Would be nice if I could get the info from you because any test I've done is inconclusive and proves nothing.

No i didn't delete my savegame when re installiing the game.. where can i find it? I will try that.. if it won't work, then i have to deal with it...

Great mod rowing, really great!

I was hoping you could help with something. Before I used your mod I changed my database to better reflect 2012 performance, like you did. However I changed both tiers and the tier characteristics values. I did this again with your database and I became uncompetitive in quali, the ai were too fast. So my question is if I want to bunch the tiers closer together, should I just put more teams in a tier or change the values to be closer?

Thanks

@RowingAce - just wanted to say what a great mod!

I raced a 20% GP at Montreal today as Alonso, Legend AI (usually can race there drunk and still win by a country mile) .... I was P6 in Quali and finished 2nd in the race. Fastest race lap of 1:11.5 ish .... just beat Webber to it by 0:001 of a second.

1 safety car (me not involved) and 1 DNF. Vettel won the race by 0.8 secs from me. First time I think I have never won a 'normal' race in Canada which is great.

Overall the AI were fast and clean .... they block too, or was that me imagining it!?

They were hard to match, now that I could no longer cruise up behind them and pass in the braking zones. I had to really concentrate and be "on it" to match them. They were going for gaps, and I had to really be aware defensively.

The damage - you have increased sensitivity? .... I had to be reaaallly carefull when passing (especially at the start - they were much quicker there too, I made only 1 place, when from 6th id usually go straight to 1st in only 3 or 4 corners!). Plus contact with barriers etc. and the wing is gone, you really have to have your wits about you with your Mod. Very unforgiving, so well done!

Quali - very competitive, no longer a boredom fest, had to really push the car. I was about 0.6secs off pole.

Overall, a fantastic mod, so thank you for your hard work .... Its like a whole new game for me ... you've kept me playing when I would have stopped by now. :)

One final thing, how many seconds off the pace should the backmarkers (bottom tier) teams be? Have you closed the gap?

Thanks again, excellent work!

Hi Ace,
We've got a discussion in the other mod thread and he admitted he added some extra power to some teams. Could you confirm if you have added any extra BHP especially to top teams.
Cheers.

Hi Ace,
We've got a discussion in the other mod thread and he admitted he added some extra power to some teams. Could you confirm if you have added any extra BHP especially to top teams.
Cheers.

Yes, he has. Just like me. To be honest, I took the idea from him. :rolleyes: I was trying to separate the top teams from everything else and I saw he's done it this way and there isn't any big impact on the actual straight line speed so I made it like him. :D

thanks!!

On the BHP discussion: I changed those, but only to get in and out sight speed to sync. You'll notice, that Mclaren has significantly less BHP than RB and Ferrari, but are almost equally fast with only Vettel being ~.15 to .2 sec per lap faster than the other top drivers, Masse being ~.2 seconds slower than Alo/Web/But/Ham.

Thank you ACE for your effort but I find Legend on your mod TOO fast for me which obviously is my problem not yours :) I tried Professional and it was slightly too easy. If I were to make a classification of AI pace for the two mods it would be:
1. Ace's Legend
2. Kristiann's 2.3 Legend(by a small margin)
3. Kristiann's 2.3 Prof (best balance for me at the moment)
4. Ace's Prof (slightly slower than the other Prof)

The difference between Legend and Prof is around 4 seconds in overall pace which is a huge gap :(

I just did a 100% race in Catalunya. I used to think i was good at that track but the AI really kicks ass... I used a Red Bull with custom set up (not sure if it was that competitive) and i could BARELY keep up with them. I didnt get to fight much with them because i had to change strategy due to an early puncture. On lap 50 I was in P1 and Alonso had just pitted for a set of options. I had about 4.5 secs over him and then he started pulling insane lap times out of his ass... He was gaining about a second per lap and my primes were pretty much dead. Unfortunately i spun on lap 53 due to a ****ing HRT, but im fairly sure Alonso and button who was 7 seconds behind me would have overtaken me in the final laps.

Im very satisfied with the AI level, I had to push really hard to keep up with the AI and really enjoyed the race.
One thing i noticed though, is that the AI seems to have some crazy grip in sector 1 especially in turn 3. Then they seem to have some weird lines in the final sector especially the last two chicanes, I think they should cut those corners just a little bit more and then it would be pretty much perfect.

By the way i play on 1.0 (I set the springs on 6-6 so no bug abuse there) and the AI still works really well so i wouldnt say you need 1.2 to use this mod.

Why on earth you use version 1.0 ?
The 1.2 pretty much changes the setup and car behaviour completely. You have a bit less grip in slow corners and can lock up easier. I recommend you switch to 1.2.

Why on earth you use version 1.0 ?
The 1.2 pretty much changes the setup and car behaviour completely. You have a bit less grip in slow corners and can lock up easier. I recommend you switch to 1.2.
Mostly due to the tyre bug, also my game is cracked so it would be annoying to go over the patch process. If you say it makes a substantial difference then i might buy the game if its a bit cheaper...

@RowingAce - if we were to reduce the BHP increases given in your mod to the AI cars (per the discussions in this thread and Kristianns mod thread) - would that shave a few tenths off the AI race pace?

I find on some tracks the AI just a bit too quick for me and they get away, and would like to just slow them a touch to keep it competitive?

Also, I noticed yestreday that the AI appear to have a lot of difficluty in passing lapped cars under blue flags (they move over nicely for me though), and trains sometimes develop? I caught an AI car who was 6 - 7 seconds ahead of me due to it ... a train of Hamilton, Alonso and Perez stuck behind Trulli for a few laps trying to lap him.

Thanks again

I'm aware, that lapping for AI cars is really difficult, but I haven't found a way to make that better.

As stated before: My testing showed, that the engine power affects only the in sight speed, not out of sight speed. If they are about half a second too fast, I suggest you use 1-2 notches more front and rear wing and maybe 1 notch less ride height. Should do the trick.

My problem is actually bottom teams. When I drive for one of the top teams and using custom setup it is great (on Legend). When driving HRT, they just seem to drive away no matter what the setup is. Even my teammate is pulling 1 second from me. I just can't get it... how can they drive an HRT so quick, faster through the corners (when I have 8-9 front wing) and quicker on the straight. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%