Accuforce or OSW wheel?

I'm current running an TS-PC racer and pretty satisfied but looking more and more to upgrading to an direct drive wheel.

There is mainly two things I would like to be improved, the force seems to be on the limit (or over) sometimes, and when fast switching load you do noticed the belt mechanism, even if very little.

Another thing I don't like with my current wheel is the smal "bumps" when playing slow steering sims like ETS2 and ATS (when racing it is not an issue but you can note it on the straights). (OK an DD wheel is way over the top for that type of sim but would that improve, it sure is an plus :)

What I do on the other hand like is the simplicity, that in general the wheel needs little to no FFB tuning.

What I have been looking at is either an OSW wheel like this one:
https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/kit-augury-osw/

Or very soon to be released, the Accuforce pro v2:
http://simxperience.com/products/accessories/accuforcesteering/accuforcepro.aspx

Both seems to be in about the same price range (with a wheel)

I tried to find some pro an con from my point of view, but if you are an
user of any of the wheels I really would like some comments
OSW
+ high resolution industrial servo motor
= little know about supplier, but have high reviews
= pedals plugs in controller?
- low volume, the OSW solutions seems to have an wide range of quality
- little known about software, seems a bit more tricky

AF
+ software seems to be top notch and easy to use
+ looks great, more of an commercial package
+ everybody seems satisfied with the support
+ on supplied wheel, no external cables
= stepper/servo hybrid, still low speed smooth?
- pedals need external converter
- not yet released so no reviews available

I'm leaning towards the new AF and I'm sure both will be an excellent choice,
but if you have any comment, good or bad experience, please share.

Watch Barry Rowlands (Sim Racing Garage) detailed Youtube video comparison between OSW and Accuforce. If you focus on the motor, the more powerful OSW motors provide overall improved fidelity than the Accuforce. That's the only weakness of the Accuforce platform in my opinion. But otherwise great software and end user support.

OSW software covers lots of configurations so it looks more complicated. You should expect the OSW can provide the base setting required. The OSW is made from more readily available parts so DIY fixing is possible.

The new Accuforce Pro 2.0 is really hard to resist, amazing price and looks beautiful. Factor in overseas shipping and import tax if it's relevant to you as that will skew the value, that $899 price tag will be closer to $1100 shipped to Europe.

Upvote 0
price for AF Pro V2 will be complete set with rim and all $1299 as it shows on theie website.
the lower price (yorur way) $899 one is if you have or add rim, paddle shifter and etc.

BUT in the complete one you get SimCommander4 too, and to be honest many sims now offically support and include profiles already set for AccuForce. which is fantastic!

i am an OSW owner but there are days where i wish it was all set and done through profiles and easily adjustable and etc. (also OSW you have to get QR, paddle shifters, rim and button box)

so pro and cons all around.

Upvote 0
Thanks for you feedback, have looked at the videos, even if they 2 years old I guess stuff has changed for all three wheels to the better. Must say it now leans towards an OSW wheel instead :) The bodnar is way out my budget.

As mention, tax and shipping is an cost that is a bit easier to go around within EU region.
Great reviews by the Sim Racing Garage channel.

I have been using servo motors in my work for many years, but again, the AF seems to be an more turn key solution but the OSW do seems to have some benefits regarding the FF.

Upvote 0
I have a Bodnar wheel, picked mine up a couple of years back when OSW were harder to come by and sold in self assembly kit form only. The Bodnar uses top rate components and the software is so simple it's just a few sliders makes it foolproof. Though were I shopping for DD wheel today, most definitely OSW.

Upvote 0
I have now ordered my OSW wheel and it should arrive within 2 weeks (the wheel was a week away), very exited about this and if it is as good everybody claims everywhere :D

Went for the small Mige and SimuCube, should have enough torque and has less rotor inertia. They had only the SDR 48V 480/720W PSU in stock so an future upgrade would also be possible, the Lenze seems to have very good Kt and rotor inertia ratio but also much higher price tag.

Going to stick with my T3PRO pedals for now but connect them directly to the SimuCube, the resolution would then be 12bit instead of 10bit if using the TM adapter. With the rubber cone the stroke is limited to about 35-40% so the higher resolution the better (I'll guess the calibration in TM/SimuCube is software based, not changing the hardware gain).

Will update when tested :)

Upvote 0
You'll love it fella. Just be patient with finding the right settings per racing title and Google will be for friend. It's a bit of a learning curve to dial in settings over consumer wheels.

Upvote 0
OSW looooooooots of patience for settings/ tweaking and getting dialed in 'MMos' and in game per game. (labyrinth starts when you find out what you can / all the things you can do in *.ini files and such in addition to software settings and in game settings. good luck and once you have it properly setup you will enjoy the OSW. (JUST stop and don't try to find the unicorn! i you know what i mean!)

Upvote 0
This is from Beano..he knows his stuff !

Just take the big servo. It has better natural damping than the small one due to slightly higher inertia. I have tested quite many servos, but between the MiGe's, my preference is for the big one.

Upvote 0
Also see this..

Big Mige is less "Active" which gives it a more natural feel at pretty much any power level. Mainly this is due to the added static inertia "weight of armature" and the winding. Tuning the Big Mige is a little easier as it has a more consistent variation over the % of filtering.

The Small will be more "Active" which means faster to respond but it does come at a little bit of the cost of realism.. Some of this speed can be tuned out but not all. Due to its weight I found there is only so far you can filter in certain methods before feel starts to get compromised.

The Large Mige (Large/480/HC) complete packages tend to run about $200 - $250.00 US more than that of the Small Mige (Small/320/Pro) but you can actually if you want to save money request a Large/320/Pro package which would maybe be about $30 - $50 more than the Small but would be limited to 20Nm, the same as the Small but with the benefit of the servo style. One caveat is that it is possible that if you are running this at MAX Power with a 18-20 Nm constant use that the 320Watt Supply might not be enough but under most circumstances it will be.

The other thing that Not many mention is that for a given power range compared to the small the Large runs cooler in temperature.

Upvote 0
Thank for the inputs, i'll be sure to post when it gets closer :)

Yes, this Beano guy seems to be around for a while, found a thread at virtual racing and more.

In general you should be within an certain ratio between the inertia of the rotor and the load,
but when browsing around much about osw, it also seem to be an matter of personal taste.

But I don't know where on this scale the small/big MiGe is (there also seem to be an small small MiGe as well). Maybe I should fire up my servo axis software and play with that, I could still change the motor if I come to that (the kit will be shipped around end of next week). Have chosen the 480/720w PSU since the mid size was out of stock, so power is not an issue, extra cost is in my case is only 20 euro for the bigger motor.

I will let google be my friend this weekend as well :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding the review on Sim Racing Garage and how the OSW is better than the Accuforce, it's also important to note that the motor is completely different from the mige!

It would be very interesting to see if anyone has reviews of the OSW with the mige motor specifically, not one that cost literally thousands more.

Upvote 0
Realy interested to see how you go Jens Roos. I have exactly the same decision to make at the moment. I was looking at either the Sim-plicity SW20 or the Accuforce V2. I already have a wheel and paddles etc so both are pretty much identical price shipped to Aus.

My only nervousness under each system is;

Accuforce
- power and fidelity compared to the small Mige
- Future proofing if stuff breaks (DIY fixes)
- Locked into sim vibe software (but I already have it for bass shakers)

SW20
- Having to mess with settings too much (i have limited time)

Anyway, hope your new purchase is good and ill will be interested to see how it suits your needs.

Not sure if I was supposed to start up a new thread? but figured it was all part of the same conversation heading.

Upvote 0
Anyway, hope your new purchase is good and ill will be interested to see how it suits your needs.

Not sure if I was supposed to start up a new thread? but figured it was all part of the same conversation heading.

Yes, i'm very exited as well, I have also completed my setup with some Heusinkveld Sim pedals pro and ordered an custom aluminium rigg from an German supplier.

After waiting a bit over 1 month for delivery I got the package last Friday, one of the packages arrive damaged/opened and lots of items was lost during transport. :mad: So now I'm trying to sort that out...

So, I have all the stuff laying around but still missing some parts to put it all together... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, i'm very exited as well, I had also completed my setup with some Heusinkveld Sim pedals pro and ordered an custom aluminium rigg from an German supplier.

After waiting a bit over 1 month for delivery I got the package last Friday, one of the packages arrive damaged/opened and lots of items was lost during transport. :mad: So now I'm trying to sort that out...

So, I have all the stuff laying around but still missing some parts to put it all together... :(

That really sucks. Hope you get it sorted soon. Sounds like its going to be a pretty sweet setup.

Upvote 0
The good news is I just got confirmation from the supplier, they take full responsibility for the bad packaging and sending me all the missing items free of charge, they should be stock items so maybe I can get this assembled within 2 weeks or so.. :giggle:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back