1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Accessing Developer Apps in 1.8

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by s73, Oct 10, 2016.

1. s73

Flying-Bollards.com #37 Premium Member

I've heard mention of developer apps being unlocked using config.ini file - however all the instructions I've found refer to older versions of AC and I am unable to find the relevant text in this file to amend. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to enable these? - specifically I'm after downforce info and have seen a 'wings app' which I would like to play around with.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

2. Glaurung

Premium Member

Open the assetto corsa.ini file and change the value of "enable_dev_app" variable from 0 to 1 or vice versa.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. s73

Found it - I just couldn't see it last night and thought it had been moved

4. Nah, still there. Hopefully they don`t ever shut that one off. Far too many good apps in there to suddenly do without :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Years ago, I think many of those were ON by default. Then there was an update that hid all the dev apps.

You are certainly right that there are many useful apps in there, but the 1 problem I have with keeping them enabled is that the full list of apps becomes too darn long and time consuming for me to scroll through if I need to bring one up during a race. :p

I have grown too used to the position that they are in with the dev apps turned off to go back to using them. :p
  6. I`m still hoping one day we`ll get visited by some magic pixie that sprinkles the ability to cycle through 4 or more app setups. Kinda like linux does desktops.

No more scrolling, just cycling through what we want to see at any given time.
  7. s73

I see what you mean, there is quite as few in there.