Resource icon

Apps AC_TrackCycle 2.8.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
At the moment AC_TrackCycle only shows the fastest lap during the session and then the fastest lap per driver at the end of the session.
There is the official "realtime" live app in AC that shows you every lap of every driver during the session, even with color (pink=overall fastest...)

Anyway I'll take a look and probably add this as option in the next version.

Wow, thank you for the update!

Hi Thomas,
Firstly, thank you for your work thus far.
I have used AC_TrackCycle on a dedicated server for the past 3 days. However, ever since 19/7/2016, when I push track to next track (using either Change to Selected Track or Next Track, AC_TrackCycle.exe crashes with the "AC_Trackcycle has stopped working" error.
Details below.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    AC_TrackCycle.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    2.7.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    578a43bf
  Problem Signature 04:    System
  Problem Signature 05:    4.6.1075.0
  Problem Signature 06:    56cfa343
  Problem Signature 07:    1fd1
  Problem Signature 08:    8c
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Net.Sockets.Socket
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    5129
  Additional Information 1:    a325
  Additional Information 2:    a3259bce7ef29727a1baa88bf5cc173f
  Additional Information 3:    3916
  Additional Information 4:    39169294039623e930d6d6f1266fe7b6

No Log of the error in the AC_TrackCycle logs. See below:

Code:
15:06:13.953616 UDP_PLUGIN: Realtime pos interval now set to: 1000 ms
15:06:14.954674 UDP_PLUGIN: Broadcast chat MESSAGE: TRACK CHANGE INCOMING, PLEASE EXIT and RECONNECT
15:06:14.954674 SERVERCHAT: TRACK CHANGE INCOMING, PLEASE EXIT and RECONNECT

Seems as if the track tries to change, but AC_TrackCycle does not restart
Any Ideas?

Hi Thomas,
Firstly, thank you for your work thus far.
I have used AC_TrackCycle on a dedicated server for the past 3 days. However, ever since 19/7/2016, when I push track to next track (using either Change to Selected Track or Next Track, AC_TrackCycle.exe crashes with the "AC_Trackcycle has stopped working" error.
Details below.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    AC_TrackCycle.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    2.7.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    578a43bf
  Problem Signature 04:    System
  Problem Signature 05:    4.6.1075.0
  Problem Signature 06:    56cfa343
  Problem Signature 07:    1fd1
  Problem Signature 08:    8c
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Net.Sockets.Socket
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    5129
  Additional Information 1:    a325
  Additional Information 2:    a3259bce7ef29727a1baa88bf5cc173f
  Additional Information 3:    3916
  Additional Information 4:    39169294039623e930d6d6f1266fe7b6

No Log of the error in the AC_TrackCycle logs. See below:

Code:
15:06:13.953616 UDP_PLUGIN: Realtime pos interval now set to: 1000 ms
15:06:14.954674 UDP_PLUGIN: Broadcast chat MESSAGE: TRACK CHANGE INCOMING, PLEASE EXIT and RECONNECT
15:06:14.954674 SERVERCHAT: TRACK CHANGE INCOMING, PLEASE EXIT and RECONNECT

Seems as if the track tries to change, but AC_TrackCycle does not restart
Any Ideas?

hmm no ideas atm, a crash without any log message is very strange. There seems to be something wrong with the UDP connection (System.Net.Sockets.Socket)
AC_TrackCycle starts the server itself in a separate process. So if AC_TrackCycles crashes once, it's very likely that there still is an acServer.exe running in the background. Please try to reboot your system to make sure all processes, that could interfere with the UDP connection, are killed. Or search for acServer.exe in the task manager and kill them all before starting AC_TrackCycle.exe.
Are you running any other UDP plugins at the same time?
Are you cycling complete cfg directories, or only tracks? If directories, make sure that the UDP plugin ports are correctly specified in all server_cfg.inis in all directories.
Please post your server_cfg.ini and AC_TrackCycle.exe.config, maybe I can spot something there. (make sure to remove your admin password)

Cheers,
Tom

hmm no ideas atm, a crash without any log message is very strange. There seems to be something wrong with the UDP connection (System.Net.Sockets.Socket)
AC_TrackCycle starts the server itself in a separate process. So if AC_TrackCycles crashes once, it's very likely that there still is an acServer.exe running in the background. Please try to reboot your system to make sure all processes, that could interfere with the UDP connection, are killed. Or search for acServer.exe in the task manager and kill them all before starting AC_TrackCycle.exe.
Are you running any other UDP plugins at the same time?
Are you cycling complete cfg directories, or only tracks? If directories, make sure that the UDP plugin ports are correctly specified in all server_cfg.inis in all directories.
Please post your server_cfg.ini and AC_TrackCycle.exe.config, maybe I can spot something there. (make sure to remove your admin password)

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks Tom,

No, no other processes that may interfere, and Only one acServer.exe running. server Config below

Code:
[SERVER]
NAME=TNZ_GT3
CARS=ks_audi_r8_lms;bmw_z4_gt3;ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3;ks_mclaren_650_gt3;mclaren_mp412c_gt3;mercedes_sls_gt3;ks_mercedes_amg_gt3;ks_nissan_gtr_gt3;p4-5_2011;pagani_zonda_r
CONFIG_TRACK=
TRACK=spa
SUN_ANGLE=-32
PASSWORD=
ADMIN_PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx
UDP_PORT=9600
TCP_PORT=9600
HTTP_PORT=8081
MAX_BALLAST_KG=150
QUALIFY_MAX_WAIT_PERC=120
PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=1
LOOP_MODE=1
SLEEP_TIME=1
CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=18
SEND_BUFFER_SIZE=0
RECV_BUFFER_SIZE=0
RACE_OVER_TIME=60
KICK_QUORUM=70
VOTING_QUORUM=70
VOTE_DURATION=15
BLACKLIST_MODE=0
FUEL_RATE=100
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=50
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2
ABS_ALLOWED=1
TC_ALLOWED=1
START_RULE=2
STABILITY_ALLOWED=0
AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=0
TYRE_BLANKETS_ALLOWED=0
FORCE_VIRTUAL_MIRROR=1
REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
MAX_CLIENTS=18
NUM_THREADS=2
UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1:12000
UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT=11000
AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=
LEGAL_TYRES=
WELCOME_MESSAGE=

[FTP]
HOST=
LOGIN=
PASSWORD=xxxxxxxxx
FOLDER=
LINUX=0

[PRACTICE]
NAME=Practice
TIME=10
IS_OPEN=1

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=10
IS_OPEN=1

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=5
WAIT_TIME=30
IS_OPEN=1

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
SESSION_START=96
RANDOMNESS=2
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
LAP_GAIN=1

[WEATHER_0]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=22
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=10
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

[WEATHER_1]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=19
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=5
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

[WEATHER_2]
GRAPHICS=7_heavy_clouds
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=20
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=7
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

[DATA]
DESCRIPTION=
EXSERVEREXE=
EXSERVERBAT=
EXSERVERHIDEWIN=0
WEBLINK=
WELCOME_PATH=

[TRACK_CYCLE]
TRACKS=spa,5;mugello,6;imola,6;pukekohe_park2013,6;acu_bathurst,5

AC_TrackCycle.exe.config below

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/>
  </startup>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="ac_server_directory" value=""/>
    <add key="ac_server_executable" value="acServer.exe"/>
    <add key="ac_cfg_directory" value="cfg"/>

<add key="start_new_log_on_new_session" value="1"/>
    <add key="log_server_requests" value="0"/>

<!--<add key="internal_plugins" value="OtherPluginNamespace.OtherPluginType, OtherPluginDLL"/>-->
    <!--<add key="external_plugins" value="OtherPlugin, 11001, 127.0.0.1:12001"/>-->

<!--<add key="additional_exes" value="C:\someFolder\some.exe"/>-->

<add key="template_cycle" value=";"/>
    <add key="broadcast_incidents" value="0"/>
    <add key="broadcast_results" value="10"/>
    <add key="broadcast_fastest_lap" value="1"/>
    <add key="change_track_after_every_loop" value="0"/>
    <add key="realtime_update_interval" value="1000"/>
    <!-- values below 1000 don't seem to work -->
    <add key="welcome_message" value="Welcome $DriverName$ to $ServerName$!|Please drive respectfully!"/>
    <add key="session_report_handlers" value="AC_SessionReportPlugin.JsonReportWriter, AC_SessionReportPlugin"/>
    <!--<add key="session_report_handlers" value="acPlugins4net.helpers.XmlSessionReportWriter, acPlugins4net"/>-->
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

Thanks Mate

I just tried your settings, they work fine for me.
Please restart your pc and then only start AC_TrackCycle.exe (don't start acServer.exe).
If it doesn't work then either some firewall is interfering or you don't have write access to server_cfg.ini or something like that.
Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Thomas,

Tried again, and have found that I can run it with no problem on my local machine, using only server files in a separate directory (thus not in Assetto Corsa Directory or even from Assetto Corsa Server directory) and everything is fine. Shows up in Server list, people can join, track cycles, everything. When i try to set it up on a dedicated server box remotely, this is when it crashes.
Have had a few friends with the same issue on their machines

Last edited:
The dedicated server box isn't (re-)starting acServer.exe itself, is it?
You could try reinstalling the latest .NET framework on the dedicated server.
Other than that I really have no idea why it shouldn't work on some systems.
I attached a debug version (remove .txt from filename, zip is not allowed here). Maybe reproducing the error with the debug version will give some more info, but I doubt it, the crash seems to be happening in a lower level.
If you really want to dig into it you could install Visual Studio on the dedicated server and debug it, the source complete code is available here:
https://github.com/flitzi/AC_SERVER_APPS

Attachments

• Debug.zip.txt
    374.3 KB · Views: 182
Hi Thomas,

After digging more, and trying the debug version (which showed no more than the logs i posted), I decided to try something.

If I start the AC_TrackCycle, get the server running etc, a background process starts (acServer.exe of course). When I attempt to change the Track with the "Next track" or "Start Selected Track" buttons, AC_TrackCycle crashes.

HOWEVER, If I press the "Next Track" or "Start Selected Track" button and then MANUALLY kill the "acServer. exe" in the Task Manager immediately after the "SERVERCHAT: TRACK CHANGE INCOMING, PLEASE EXIT and RECONNECT" warning, the AC_TrackCycle does what it needs to do and the acServer.exe background process restarts and the track changes.

I suspect that the acServer.exe background process is not being killed correctly, and then AC_TrackCycle is attempting to start another instance, which causes the crash.

Ok nice, seems we are getting closer. Too bad I still can't reproduce it.
But I have something to try for you, please use the attached test version.
In the log you should now find a line
Trying to kill the acServer.exe process
and then
acServer.exe process killed
or
acServer.exe process could not be killed

If it's the latter then we have our culprit.

There is a new option in the config, please add this line
<add key="create_server_window" value="1"/>
and then try again. This will start the acServer process with window and will try to kill the process in a different way. Hopefully this helps.

Cheers

Attachments

• test.zip.txt
    64.2 KB · Views: 153
Thomas, I am happy to report that starting acServer.exe as an app instead of a background process has done the trick. AC_TrackCycle seems now to be cured.
Thank you, and i will keep you informed of developments.

Coolio. I have a request if at all possible...
Is there a way to automatically kick clients from the server before AC_TrackCycle restarts acServer.exe?
I have noticed that sometimes when people are not taking notice of the Chat, that they end up sitting in Limbo due to the Local Machine taking over the Server on the Client side, and then only realise much later that they are no longer on the Dedicated server. (I have done so myself)

Perhaps another key in the config, to turn on?

Cheers
muzashi1963

Coolio. I have a request if at all possible...
Is there a way to automatically kick clients from the server before AC_TrackCycle restarts acServer.exe?
I have noticed that sometimes when people are not taking notice of the Chat, that they end up sitting in Limbo due to the Local Machine taking over the Server on the Client side, and then only realise much later that they are no longer on the Dedicated server. (I have done so myself)

Perhaps another key in the config, to turn on?

Cheers
muzashi1963

I've implemented the idea. But the message when getting kicked before the track changes is "you have been voted to be banned" (I have no influence on the text). It might not be a good idea to give people the info that they have been banned, they might not reconnect. Should be fine when people know what's happening, though.

We can only hope......hint hint - kunos :cautious:

In the Meantime, thank you for your help.
May I make a suggestion to all, if you have not done so:

When running multiple instances of AC_TrackCycle, Rename the different acServer. exe instances.
For example: I run a GT3 server, and an MX5_Cup server, with AC_Trackcycle.
I have renamed the acServer.exe in the GT3 Server folder to acServerGT3.exe,
and the MX5_Cup acServer.exe to acServerMX5.exe.
This way each instance of acServer shows up with a different and indentifiable name in the Task Manager and/or CMD window.
Easier to ensure you have the correct number of acServer instances running etc.
and also easier for troubleshooting.
Just make sure you have the specified file address in your AC_TrackCycle.exe.config --
e.g:
<add key="ac_server_executable" value="acServerGT3.exe"/>

Now, if I was any good with C#, I would make AC_TrackCycle inherit or append the name of the Server in the server config file to AC_TrackCycle, for the same reasons as above.
eg: AC_TrackCycle_GT3

......but I am not.
;)

Cheers
muzashi

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back