AC: Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Can't see this thread anymore so... What do you guys think the new build will bring up to the table?

Because these days its photos and future content, but I'd myself rather enjoy a 1.0 release ! With proper collisions etc... Anyone got news?

Last time i read something about it (1 month or so) it was said it will come with 1.0 version a basic pitstop feature, which in fact i think is not so hard to implement, but that's what i read some time ago and didn't noticed any more news about it.

Also i know almost as much as you from AC Forum Mr.Michael ;) so if you send private messages to Kunos staff that's your problem and maybe they don't want to talk anymore about it everytime someone sends them messages asking for this and that... whatever...

There are still some cars that were in the original v1.0 draft such as the 458 GT2, so I hope we'll see some of that content.
But perhaps even the SLS are ready by now? :) :inlove:

Personally I'd rather have a new GT race car than Spa but I wouldn't mind Spa either. :cool:

Considering that Stefano has already said that night racing will take an entire rebuild of the graphics engine (which means they have no plans on implementing it any time soon, if ever) it is all but a guarantee that night racing is not part of Fridays update...pit stops either, considering those aren't included in 1.0 either.

Hate to be a downer but there really isn't a reason to stray too far from reality when pondering what the update will bring.

Well, one of the things announced at the last update was that in addition to the new sound engine (FMOD) there was also to be an almost entirely new graphics engine too so I think night racing is possible! Keep in mind that PCARS already has night racing so not having it would be a major disadvantage for AC.... this is 2014 not 1994!

Crystal-Ball.jpg

All I can say is: Michael is absolutely right and I really don't get why he is always that criticized although he seems to be one of the VERY few people that stick to the facts and that are always up to date.

As for friday: if there is a new build, I expect new server controls as well as the rest of the new gfx effects (curb and tarmac shaders, lightning etc.). If there is a new track, I guess it will be Silverstone National.

I guess people just take the "we hope to's" and "we're aiming for's" as a literal promised released date.

Even on their site, for the Nordschliefe they say "...with a view to releasing the track in September 2014."

People are so excited by the announcement that they take this statement as a set-in-stone promise, when in fact it's never explicitly stated that they are promising this release date.

I get told that I am wrong and when I defend myself I become the bad guy....well guess what Laurent, have fun getting told a bunch of wrong info because I am done with RD.
You have every right to defend your point of view, Michael. Both of us share the attitude that facts and sources strenghten a particular argument.
Being able to take a punch and to remain cool-headed is a sign of strenght of character.

And guys, you all are more than welcome to share your views here, just please keep it civil ,)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years