1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Geof, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Geof

I never lose. Either I win, or I learn. Staff Premium Member

Fresh update.

- Fixed Mercedes SLS GT3 Hard Tyre short name
    - Fixed high resolution timer disable notification filling the log
    - Improved ABS, cars will now have correct braking distances while braking on a straight line.
    - Changed all electronics.ini files with updated frequencies for ABS and TC for all cars.
    We advice modders to use RATE_HZ=250 and SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT= from 0.14 to 0.20 for optimum ABS, also use higher frequencies for TC
    - Changed brakes.ini for various cars to improve braking.
    - Experimental aero ride height values and stalling on Pagani Zonda R, Huayra and Ferrari 599XX to better simulate what happens in extreme curves like Eau Rouge
    - Corrected Mercedes Benz 190E DTM steer rod ackerman geometry
    - Adjusted Steer ratio on Lotus Exos and Exos S1
    - 3D driver preload animation starts earlier on 458 GT2
    - Up to 27% more placebo effect ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Already google a bit but still what is this "placebo effect" exactly ?? Thanks first
    • Haha Haha x 2
  3. Geof

I never lose. Either I win, or I learn. Staff Premium Member

That more a dev joke in my mind... :p

"A remarkable phenomenon in which a placebo -- a fake treatment, an inactive substance like sugar, distilled water, or saline solution -- can sometimes improve a patient's condition simply because the person has the expectation that it will be helpful. Expectation to plays a potent role in the placebo effect. The more a person believes they are going to benefit from a treatment, the more likely it is that they will experience a benefit " (source)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Now if I could only change my girlfriend.ini with updated higher frequencies......:confused:
    • Haha Haha x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. Is there any insider that know if the new Audi S1 2.0 tfsi is still coming "soon"?
  6. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

They finally killed that stupid steering wheel rattling when locking tires. And now I run higher FFB setting than before and my GT3RS feels better then ever with AC and catching slides on Z4 GT3 is easy and fun. Can't wait for a better wheel. Braking does feel better I guess.

Must be that placebo effect. I'm perfectly fine with those latest updates.
  7. Indeed the FFB is much better!
  8. it's now on 1.2.5
    they don't say what has changed on steam update's "view news"
  9. Tommi Saari

Tommi Saari
    Moving chicane Premium Member

blistering at low speeds only.
  10. 1.2.5

• Fixed extremely high level of graining and blister at low speeds