AC Tyre model

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
One word, Perfect!!!

Yesterday I installed AC back to my PC and noticed immediately that something most annoying thing in AC has gone, I mean slipping 'n sliding not available anymore, wow. This might be no news for you but I just noticed new DLC's and there was my dream car 917 WIP and so many new mods so I tried AC first time since not even remember, this was a big and very welcome surprise!

Thank you AC team, you listened to us.

My experience: I can feel the REALISTIC grip with default setup, I can feel The GRIP!!! I have never asked FURTHER!!!

Thank You!!!

compared to 1.9/1.10 version? (where slide and slipp is still present .. if you talk about that weird feeling like you have plenty of grip but it feels like there is wet road or something even with heated tyres) not sure what version is latest one

I think he's talking about v7 tire model vs v10. The v10 was a major step up in realism and feel. It's totally changed how the cars drive and feel now. I really like what they've done with v10. It could still use a little tweak on the GT3 cars, but its very good now.

Sorry but I never follow any tyre model versions so i can't say what was the previous model, but last time it was horrible and now it's perfect, or almost perfect...because there's one thing I still can't understant

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=TRM-ZNDV
FRICTION=0.98

So the best track surface grip in Zandvoort is only 0.98 (friction), but I think it should be always at least 1.00. Then when your tires warm up so the grip even improving. Also more "rubber" makes more grip but the zero point should be 1.00, that's the grip for Track Tarmac. I just can't understant why all other games have this 1.00 value but this AC has it's own values lower than 1, maybe they have some reasons for that. But Tyre model is great if we compare it to previous AC like 1 year ago...2015 tyre model / grip sucks as it feels like ice, the car just sliding all over on the track.

One more thing I wanna say, this grip thing and driving experience is the most important thing for driver, some of you are happy just because of eye candy, right? Of course you can make setups to avoid low grip, but I believe that the first feedback about driving are the most important, if you like it before any of your own custom setups so then its good, so now I like AC and will spend some time with setups.

And driving fast is not easier with this better grip, no, it just feels better, it's more realistic, you can't drive too fast to the corner so there's no unrealictic grip available. Earlier driving with default setup was impossible.

v10 is a step in the right direction IMHO. It might be my crappy driving style, but I get the feeling there is too much yaw movement. Feels like the tyre walls are made of elastic. The tread stays on the road but the rest of the vehicle moves way too much.
Tried the Caterham around Black Cat county and in the tight section it felt like the body was 45 degrees to the tread!

v10 is a step in the right direction IMHO. It might be my crappy driving style, but I get the feeling there is too much yaw movement. Feels like the tyre walls are made of elastic. The tread stays on the road but the rest of the vehicle moves way too much.
Tried the Caterham around Black Cat county and in the tight section it felt like the body was 45 degrees to the tread!

Yeah, agree with you 100%. The yaw movement is odd. Almost twitchy, but too much of it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%