1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Ac tech demo won't work

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Richard Hill, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Hi I have recently downloaded the tech demo to try AC out but on start up I keep getting 'd3dcompiler_43.dll bad image' and that either its not designed for windows or it has an error. From what I have found out it is something to do with directx and I have reinstalled the demo and the directx form the Microsoft website and still the same. I don't want to reinstall windows personally but that is the only thing that I haven't tryed as far as I know. Anyone got any ideas?
    I really want to play this demo to see if it runs on my computer as I would really like the game when it finally is released. Hope someone can help :)

2. What graphics card are you using; is it DX11?

Other than that all I can think of is re-downloading and installing again

3. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

4. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

The forums was the first place I looked and I asked them and they had no idea and said that I would need to reinstall windows again as its due to directx.

I have a GTX 660 only bought it about two months ago

5. maybe download d3dcompiler_43.dll from the net and try to replace one that is on your hdd? (make copy before)

6. uninstall the game and update your graphics driver...make sure you have all the actual Windows updates installed and reboot....make sure you agree to install the DirectX Version that Comes with the AC TP Installation. try running as admin.... just some ideas

• Like Like x 1
  7. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Cheers guys finally got it sorted and tried the demo out and it is awesome cant wait for the game to be released :D Thanks again

8. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

Maybe you should share the solution with us so we know what fixed it. This might help some1 with a similar problem.

9. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

I downloaded it from the web but also I didn't realise before that on win7 64bit their is two d3dcompiler_43.dll. Their is one in the system 32 folder and one in the syswow64 folder and I just backed up the old ones and replaced with new ones